Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

24 minutes ago, Geezy said:

how about we try and make this defense middle of the pack and ride the offense to the playoffs. Yall keep ignoring the facts. 

Ride our offense who is ranked 23rd in the NFL in scoring TDs in the redzone? I guess that's all on Gruden not Carr in peoples world. Even with a better defense we don't score enough TDs in the RZ

Edited by bucksavage1

23 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

This discussion is going nowhere bro. Changing QBs would be a sin for them even though after 7 seasons the team has went nowhere with him under center.  Every player but the QB is different since he got here. There is no downside to replacing Carr but there is also no upside of keeping him.

I don't know where this acceptance of losing but you wonder why teams like us are always watching the playoffs at home. 

I'm all for trading for Watson if that's a possibility. I'm not changing the QB for the sake of it though.

Edited by oakdb36
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Ride our offense who is ranked 23rd in the NFL in scoring TDs in the redzone? I guess that's all on Gruden not Carr in peoples world. Even with a better defense we don't enough TDs in the RZ

Carr definitely needs to improve / step up his redzone game. 
So does Gruden. 

We continually take Waller out in the redzone / near goalline because he isnt in Jumbo package
We take Jacobs out when its 3rd down.
-
Gruden puts in his best blockers for jumbo and in theory it makes sense, but he needs to understand that just having Waller on the field makes the D have to respect the pass option. 

when jacobs is on the field it is similar, makes D have to respect the run option. 

-

its simple stuff like that, that frustrates me with our playcalling / personelle decisions. 
--

but all that said, Carr needs to do better in the redzone regardless. 
he seems to happy to settle for FGs. With our crap D, we need to TDs to win

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

I'm all for doing what we need to do to win again. I don't care what change needs to happen but this losing culture needs change. 

do you accept that there is a possibility that a QB change comes with the chance of lower QB play?

with lower QB play then what we had this season, we are a 4 win team. 

I am all for upgrading the QB spot, but if we swing and miss, we have at least 3 years of being god awful

17 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Fumbles per game

32. Philly
31. NO
30. Raiders
29. Balt
28.Den
27. Wash
26. Arizona
25. Minny
24.Clev
23. Pitts

5 teams in the bottom 10 made playoffs, 2 went 8-8, and 1, 7-9.

maybe fumbles per game isnt as big of a factor as you think?

to put this further,
all of my stats are related to terrible teams. 
your fumble stat - is actually kinda related to good teams lol

None in our division meh

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

do you accept that there is a possibility that a QB change comes with the chance of lower QB play?

with lower QB play then what we had this season, we are a 4 win team. 

I am all for upgrading the QB spot, but if we swing and miss, we have at least 3 years of being god awful

God awful and 8-8 teams hell in the afc 10-6 Teams sit right next to each other come playoff time

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

None in our division meh

not to sure what this even means truthfully,

but last i checked, Den was in AFCW 😉

- edit - 
and before you say whatever to den

we were tied for 3rd most
KC was tied for 6th most

Edited by BackinBlack

19 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

"Fix the defense" the year before "Carr needs weapons" the year before "He needs continuity with a OC" the year before "It's Todd Downings fault" or remember "Amari Cooper sucks" now it's "Henry Ruggs is no good"

There will always be an excuse, bro  Some valid, others not. And that's what you sign up for when you have a good but not great QB, and a guy in Gruden who is terrible at team building. It's purgatory at it's finest. I'm not blaming Carr. He is what he is, I think he would be more successful on a better built team. And we would be better off resetting, imo. But I just think we will spend years chasing the perfect balance for us to win with him and his contract is coming up soon and he will want to be paid.

So yeah, let's pay Carr as the third best QB in the division. Lets build our team like the Titans this year. That's about as good as we can hope to be under Carr/Gruden. 

i mean we got rid of Cooper, upgraded from Downing, gave him the same system for 3 years, added some weapons and he had a career year, lets fix the defense and finish the process. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Ride our offense who is ranked 23rd in the NFL in scoring TDs in the redzone? I guess that's all on Gruden not Carr in peoples world. Even with a better defense we don't score enough TDs in the RZ

Nitpicking.  Still 10th in scoring.

18 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

not to sure what this even means truthfully,

but last i checked, Den was in AFCW 😉

- edit - 
and before you say whatever to den

we were tied for 3rd most
KC was tied for 6th most

Lol true about den

doesnt help when your qb leads the nfl in fumbles. 16 fumbles total and 11 were on carr or 10 cause one was iffy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

As stated, in the AFC you need 11 wins to make the playoffs.
Can you get to 11 wins with a top 10 scoring O? - - > YES
Can you get to 11 wins with a bottom 3 Scoring D - - > NEVER BEEN DONE IN NFL HISTORY

-
RAIDER FANS - who cares about D, we need a new QB!

It's like we should upgrade the defense or something.

• Like 1