Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

Just now, Jerry said:

I don't understand how that is considered bad.  

Especially when we had a defense that couldn't stop a nose bleed.  The fact that we could score when our defense couldn't get off the field to save their lives speaks volumes IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Especially when we had a defense that couldn't stop a nose bleed.  The fact that we could score when our defense couldn't get off the field to save their lives speaks volumes IMO.

I also think that 99 percent of fans have no clue how a bad D can adversely effect an O.

Play calling and QB play is severely altered when the O is always playing catch up or playing from behind.  D's can pin their ears back, not worry about the run and send he rush knowing that we are passing and having to play catch up.  It also doesn't help that our lead back averaged under 4 YPC this season too, which puts more pressure on the QB bc we lack an explosive back who can gouge a D at any time.  We need to look for a real complimentary back to Jacobs in the draft, a home run hitter who is also a receiving threat out of the backfield.  

Playing with a lead and having confidence in the D to make a stop will take this team to the next level.  It's as simple as that.  

My guess is that our team fading down the stretch has to do with everyone on the roster knowing that our D is a joke and that we are pretenders.  It's disheartening as s player knowing that you have a top 10 O and a bottom 3 D that cant stop a high school team.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I also think that 99 percent of fans have no clue how a bad D can adversely effect an O.

Play calling and QB play is severely altered when the O is always playing catch up or playing from behind.  D's can pin their ears back, not worry about the run and send he rush knowing that we are passing and having to play catch up.  It also doesn't help that our lead back averaged under 4 YPC this season too, which puts more pressure on the QB bc we lack an explosive back who can gouge a D at any time.  We need to look for a real complimentary back to Jacobs in the draft, a home run hitter who is also a receiving threat out of the backfield.  

Playing with a lead and having confidence in the D to make a stop will take this team to the next level.  It's as simple as that.  

My guess is that our team fading down the stretch has to do with everyone on the roster knowing that our D is a joke and that we are pretenders.  It's disheartening as s player knowing that you have a top 10 O and a bottom 3 D that cant stop a high school team.  

I think the last month was just Guenther's system being completely exposed.  After 10 games of the same garbage and it became impossible not to score on us.

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I think the last month was just Guenther's system being completely exposed.  After 10 games of the same garbage and it became impossible not to score on us.

They were so bad it was embarrassing to watch. I don't think Gunther is a good coach by any means but a lot of the blame has to be on the players.  We just lack talent and intelligence on D, we have no pass rush which trickles down to every level.  

21 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

They were so bad it was embarrassing to watch. I don't think Gunther is a good coach by any means but a lot of the blame has to be on the players.  We just lack talent and intelligence on D, we have no pass rush which trickles down to every level.  

Yeah it was pretty ugly when Arnette didn't even follow the WR in that Miami game that we lost.  

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Then discredit what they’re stating. Are you saying that this is not accurate? Care to show proof that this is false? 

No, buff, tb, cle, Indy carr fumbled at least once each game iirc one game I thought he threw a couple of picks but I could be wrong. I guess I just see people using pff when it’s convenient then The same people saying it’s not accurate also When it’s convenient. 

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

No, buff, tb, cle, Indy carr fumbled at least once each game iirc one game I thought he threw a couple of picks but I could be wrong. I guess I just see people using pff when it’s convenient then The same people saying it’s not accurate also When it’s convenient. 

You don't have to believe it. We just want you to see it.

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yeah the kenny moore interception and the one off of Richards hands. I agree with PFF there. Neither of those were really Carr's fault.