Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah the kenny moore interception and the one off of Richards hands. I agree with PFF there. Neither of those were really Carr's fault. 

Oh yea that Indy game where waller got mossed by the midget cb. So that was waller’s fault?

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Did I say that? It was an amazing interception.

You said it wasn’t Carr’s fault? And they were the only 2 raiders involved...so is it gruden’s fault for calling the play? How does this work? Ohhh I get it it’s the defense fault

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You said it wasn’t Carr’s fault? And they were the only 2 raiders involved...so is it gruden’s fault for calling the play? How does this work? Ohhh I get it it’s the defense fault

What are you on about? I just said it wasn’t his fault. I didn’t say it was the defenses fault either. Is it not possible for the Colts defender to make an incredible play? Do you not think that was an incredible interception?

That’s a terrible strawman. The defense was atrocious in that game now that you mention it. Has nothing to do with that play.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

What are you on about? I just said it wasn’t his fault. I didn’t say it was the defenses fault either. Is it not possible for the Colts defender to make an incredible play? Do you not think that was an incredible interception?

That’s a terrible strawman. The defense was atrocious in that game now that you mention it. Has nothing to do with that play.

Sorry but it was carr fault. He threw a floater and gave defender a chance to make the great play. You keep leading waller to corner and put more zip, less air and it's an easy td. 

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It always someone else's fault when Carr is invovled in a mistake. If the team wins or scores it is because of only Carr. 

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Ok so from time to time pff determines that a play like that is just a good defensive play? Honest question 

45 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’ll admit I don’t know the metrics just see it conveniently tossed around as trash or the truth of all truths. Didn’t know which one it was this time my bad carry on 

I was just saying it's a piece of info and you can do what you feel like doing with it. PFF isn't the truth. I'm not the truth. You're not the truth.

Edited by oakdb36

46 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ok so from time to time pff determines that a play like that is just a good defensive play? Honest question 

Was I the one quoting PFF?

And obviously yes, from what I understand they look at the context of the play. The decision and throw weren't bad. It was just a great interception.

53 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It always someone else's fault when Carr is invovled in a mistake. If the team wins or scores it is because of only Carr. 

You've outdone yourself. This is even worse than the win loss analysis from before.

Imagine watching this and thinking people are scapegoating blame:

56 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Sorry but it was carr fault. He threw a floater and gave defender a chance to make the great play. You keep leading waller to corner and put more zip, less air and it's an easy td. 

So it should have been intercepted? I didn't say it was a great throw. I just didn't think Kenny Moore would OBJ that pick.

• Like 1

Going back to the original question of this thread.. What do we do with Carr in his final season under contract?

At the time he signed it we won 12 games and he became the highest paid QB in the NFL as Franchise QB. Since then, we have had 4 non winning seasons.

Every year we have invested and allocated FA signings and high draft picks to support Carr. 

Waller (outperformed his deal), Kolton Miller and Carr all need new deals. Do we go down the path of paying Carr again as a Franchise QB even though he needs everything around him to be set. If we do, we can't fix the defense and gotta get extremely better in the draft

Edited by bucksavage1