Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

21 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You've outdone yourself. This is even worse than the win loss analysis from before.

Imagine watching this and thinking people are scapegoating blame:

So it should have been intercepted? I didn't say it was a great throw. I just didn't think Kenny Moore would OBJ that pick.

Sarcasm if you cant tell based on how this board props up Carr while giving him none of the blame why he isnt winning more

That pass from Carr needed to be towards the back of the endzone . The CB made a great play but the bad ball placement allowed that play to happen

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You've outdone yourself. This is even worse than the win loss analysis from before.

Imagine watching this and thinking people are scapegoating blame:

So it should have been intercepted? I didn't say it was a great throw. I just didn't think Kenny Moore would OBJ that pick.

Curious what you think about the foster td from that game?

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Going back to the original question of this thread.. What do we do with Carr in his final season under contract?

At the time he signed it we won 12 games and he became the highest paid QB in the NFL as Franchise QB. Since then, we have had 4 non winning seasons.

Every year we have invested and allocated FA signings and high draft picks to support Carr. 

Waller (outperformed his deal), Kolton Miller and Carr all need new deals. Do we go down the path of paying Carr again as a Franchise QB even though he needs everything around him to be set. If we do, we can't fix the defense and gotta get extremely better in the draft

Every year NFL teams try to make their offenses better. It's hilarious that you're pushing the narrative that this is just for Carr. The Raiders want to score more points. Hence they invest picks and money into the offense.

And the Raiders have invested far more bad picks on defense than they have into the offense. 

He's under contract for 2 more years. Let him play out his deal and see if he continues to improve (like he has the last 2 years with Gruden).

If he doesn't or regresses, you can move on. If he plays well, extend him.

It's simple.

And don't give me this "everything needs to be perfect" to be set. Show me 1 quarterback who produces well who doesn't have things going for them on offense.

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

That pass from Carr needed to be towards the back of the endzone . The CB made a great play but the bad ball placement allowed that play to happen

That was a great play but Carr has a bad habit of underthrowing guys.  He does not want to overthrow his receivers and gets to cautious.  He needs to lead his receivers into the back of the end-zone and let them worry about getting their feet down.  I believe this is not the first time a DB has undercut a WR/TE in the end-zone for a pick.  I hate when play by play guys give a QB props for making a back shoulder throw when the receiver had a step on the DB.  Put it out there and let your guy run under it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

That was a great play but Carr has a bad habit of underthrowing guys.  He does not want to overthrow his receivers and gets to cautious.  He needs to lead his receivers into the back of the end-zone and let them worry about getting their feet down.  I believe this is not the first time a DB has undercut a WR/TE in the end-zone for a pick.  I hate when play by play guys give a QB props for making a back shoulder throw when the receiver had a step on the DB.  Put it out there and let your guy run under it.

No such thing as perfection.  Just be glad he can at least drop the ball into the WRs hands with those over the shoulder throws.  At least we aren't one of the teams right now trying to find a QB that can do what DC does.  

12 hours ago, Jerry said:

No such thing as perfection.  Just be glad he can at least drop the ball into the WRs hands with those over the shoulder throws.  At least we aren't one of the teams right now trying to find a QB that can do what DC does.  

Not asking for perfection but pointing out a pattern.  If I can recognize it then the coaches should be able to also and need to talk to him about it.

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Looks like Watson has his bags packed to get out of Houston as he probably will hold out.

Carr + (2) 1st round picks, 3rd, 5th and next years 2nd will get it done.

Al Davis would of made this trade yesterday

If I'm Houston I'd call Miami and ask for this deal. 

Houston receives: Xavien Howard, #3, #18, #36, #54, Miami 2021 1st round pick

Miami receives: Deshaun Watson 

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If I'm Houston I'd call Miami and ask for this deal. 

Houston receives: Xavien Howard, #3, #18, #36, #54, Miami 2021 1st round pick

Miami receives: Deshaun Watson 

Im sure you probably meant 2022 1st. Too bad this is the 1st year we dont have multiple draft picks in round 1. Miami has the ammo to get it done. We can only offer an established veteran QB in return.

Houston at #3 would have the left over QB choices after 1-2 go off the board.

QBs of Watson's caliber dont become available hardly ever. I dont think Gruden has the guts to pull off the trade

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Im sure you probably meant 2022 1st. Too bad this is the 1st year we dont have multiple draft picks in round 1. Miami has the ammo to get it done. We can only offer an established veteran QB in return.

QBs of Watson's caliber dont become available hardly ever. I dont think Gruden has the guts to pull off the trade

Yeah, typo, I meant Miami's 2022 1st. If Houston made that move they'd end up with one of Fields/Wilson at #3 or could target someone like Trey Lance at #18. They could also just look to use all of that draft capital to improve their OL and defense and then target a free agent QB like Jimmy G, who could potentially be cut and has ties to Easterby and their new GM from his days in New England. 

6 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

It's not about guts. We would have to outbid every other interested team. Which means potentially 4 1sts or more. That wouldn't be smart.