Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

16 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Please no one give me the "but people would take paycuts for watson". Hopkins didn't take a paycut for Watson (nor should he have for anyone). Defenders don't take paycuts to play with Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, etc. 

"No one" which means you claim that not one NFL player has left money on the table to sign with a contender for less money for a better chance to win? This happens all the all time. What do you think "signing with a contender means". Doesn't mean they sign for dirt cheap but they pass up signing a bloated deal with cellar dewelling teams instead to sign with a better situation

Chris Harris and And Byron Jones passed up more money from us to sign in a better situations. 

Leonard Fournette had better offers on the table but chose to sign with the Bucs

Hopkins outplayed his deal and deserved a raise. He was also traded.

These QBs can be recruiters in getting better players to sign. Some of these takes to defend Carr are outrageous and not with NFL reality. Just like that pass Carr threw short vs the Colts

24 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

"No one" which means you claim that not one NFL player has left money on the table to sign with a contender for less money for a better chance to win? This happens all the all time. What do you think "signing with a contender means". Doesn't mean they sign for dirt cheap but they pass up signing a bloated deal with cellar dewelling teams instead to sign with a better situation

Chris Harris and And Byron Jones passed up more money from us to sign in a better situations. 

Leonard Fournette had better offers on the table but chose to sign with the Bucs

Hopkins outplayed his deal and deserved a raise. He was also traded.

These QBs can be recruiters in getting better players to sign. Some of these takes to defend Carr are outrageous and not with NFL reality. Just like that pass Carr threw short vs the Colts

Harris was going to sign here but he didn’t want to play outside cb. Byron Jones went to Miami because he got more guaranteed money. This stuff is readily available to read. When Harris signed, Tyrod Taylor was the starter. When Jones signed, fitz was the starter. You think they signed because of the qb situation😂?

I dont know why you’re hung up on that pass. It wasn’t a great pass but I don’t think anyone though it would be picked. That’s the only point people made. 

I live in reality. I see a clear path to winning with this team that doesn’t require trading half a decade of draft picks for a qb upgrade, when we have one and an offense that can score points against the best teams in the nfl. It’s pretty simple honestly. And I’m pretty sure the FO sees it too.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Truthfully I would put DC at 7 above Jackson.... I would swap out Brady and Watson as 4 and 6. Watson isn’t worlds better then DC, both haven’t done much in the post season.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/qb-power-rankings-2020/

I wouldn’t I’d also put Brees, baker, burrow above carr

id put Murray over carr if it wasn’t for durability 

34 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Truthfully I would put DC at 7 above Jackson.... I would swap out Brady and Watson as 4 and 6. Watson isn’t worlds better then DC, both haven’t done much in the post season.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/qb-power-rankings-2020/

I agree and think around 7 for Carr is accurate and certainly above Jackson.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Murray was starting to fade...I admit Baker is realizing his potential and borderline top ten and just hitting his prime. Herbert, Murray, Burrow all have potential but not there yet. They all could break out but in 2021 (no doubt)

Murray and Burrow are close but I would take Herbert over Carr right now.  He looks like he is going to be special.  I would probably take Burrow also because of his trajectory and he is a leader. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I wouldn’t I’d also put Brees, baker, burrow above carr

id put Murray over carr if it wasn’t for durability 

Brees just retired.  I would not put Baker over DC ever.  Ever.  Literally ever.  Burrow literally played like 5 games and got the snot beat out of him.  I'm not ready to throw Burrow up there with the great/elite QBs just yet.  I don't know man, a retired QB, a QB that can either play great or terrible any given Sunday, and a rookie QB that didn't even complete his first season, I don't really agree with your list.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Brees is carr + 10 More passing tds/ yr

I could see us trading carr to no. Brees 2.0? Both from afc West teams...

It is always crazy to see QBs with like 35+ TDs and then watch DC and he has like 28 and I'm thinking that is a really good season.  I couldn't imagine watching DC throw 40+ TDs in a season.  Would be awesome if it started happening though lol.  Especially if it came with 10+ wins every season.

18 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Brees just retired.  I would not put Baker over DC ever.  Ever.  Literally ever.  Burrow literally played like 5 games and got the snot beat out of him.  I'm not ready to throw Burrow up there with the great/elite QBs just yet.  I don't know man, a retired QB, a QB that can either play great or terrible any given Sunday, and a rookie QB that didn't even complete his first season, I don't really agree with your list.

Baker has accomplished more imo in three years than carr has his whole career.

brees is still a goat and still better than carr pre retirement. 

burrow ok I’ll give you that 

20 minutes ago, Jerry said:

It is always crazy to see QBs with like 35+ TDs and then watch DC and he has like 28 and I'm thinking that is a really good season.  I couldn't imagine watching DC throw 40+ TDs in a season.  Would be awesome if it started happening though lol.  Especially if it came with 10+ wins every season.

The lil extra stuff like tds are the difference between good and great imo

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jerry said:

you know the DC haters love to reach!

• Like 1