The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

11 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Brees is carr + 10 More passing tds/ yr

I could see us trading carr to no. Brees 2.0? Both from afc West teams...

Brees is Carr + Alvin Kamara, Michael Thomas, Sean Payton and a really good defense too lmao 

• Like 1

It must be such a struggle to play QB with Odell, Landry, Higgins, Hooper, Njoku, Chubb, Hunt and that oline. I wonder how they're 22nd in yards and points. Cleveland is a fraud and i'm very happy they didn't get past Chad Henne yesterday.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Harris was going to sign here but he didn’t want to play outside cb. Byron Jones went to Miami because he got more guaranteed money. This stuff is readily available to read. When Harris signed, Tyrod Taylor was the starter. When Jones signed, fitz was the starter. You think they signed because of the qb situation😂?

I dont know why you’re hung up on that pass. It wasn’t a great pass but I don’t think anyone though it would be picked. That’s the only point people made. 

I live in reality. I see a clear path to winning with this team that doesn’t require trading half a decade of draft picks for a qb upgrade, when we have one and an offense that can score points against the best teams in the nfl. It’s pretty simple honestly. And I’m pretty sure the FO sees it too.

A clear path of winning with a QB who fumbled 10 times despite only being sacked 26 times?

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Brees didn’t cry about not having star wrs he took late rounders like colston made them Into stars

he also had guys like Reggie Bush and Deuce while being with Payton the entire time. lets not act like Brees hasnt had it good, and no he wasnt always good, he didnt break out till year 4. His first 3 years he had a 29:31 TD:Int ratio. Funny how things change when your surroundings improve. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

A clear path of winning with a QB who fumbled 10 times despite only being sacked 26 times?

Literally from the qb list link hb posted about carr

it would be remiss of me to leave out his 17 giveaways, including a league-leading eight fumbles lost“. 

31 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Brees is Carr + Alvin Kamara, Michael Thomas, Sean Payton and a really good defense too lmao 

Stop comparing these Hall of fame QBs to Carr. There's levels to this QB game and he aint it. 

Carr is more like Culpepper, Jeff George, Jameis Winston, Carson Palmer and Jay Cutler. Talented players who can put up good looking stats not good enough to push their teams to the top tier of the league

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Stop comparing these Hall of fame QBs to Carr. There's levels to this QB game and he aint it. 

Carr is more like Culpepper, Jeff George, Jameis Winston, Carson Palmer and Jay Cutler. Talented players who can put up good looking stats not good enough to push their teams to the top tier of the league

We had a joke of a defense the entire Fooking time.... why do raider fans ignore this fact... if you were at a fantasy draft party and picked the Raider defense, people would look at you like a crazy! The defense has been an ongoing joke for the past 7 years.... Even longer, last decent defense was the super bowl year! 

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

We had a joke of a defense the entire Fooking time.... why do raider fans ignore this fact... if you were at a fantasy draft party and picked the Raider defense, people would look at you like a crazy! The defense has been an ongoing joke for the past 7 years.... Even longer, last decent defense was the super bowl year! 

We need top 5 everything for carr lol defense, oline, targets, coaches anything I miss? 

This is my opinion top 10 QBs at the end of 2020: 

1) Mahomes 

2) Rodgers 

3) Wilson 

4) Brady

5) Allen 

6) Watson 

7) DC 

8. Jackson 

9) Stafford  

10) Tannehill

2021 could see a big jump for: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Burrow... they are sniffing the top 10....

Edited by Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Baker has accomplished more imo in three years than carr has his whole career.

brees is still a goat and still better than carr pre retirement. 

burrow ok I’ll give you that 

Baker has a better team around him.  Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt > Josh Jacobs and D. Booker.  OBJ, J. Landry > H. Ruggs and N. Agholor.  Their starting CB, Ward and their pro bowl caliber DE (can't remember his name right now) are better than Mullen and Crosby.  He has more talent around him and on the defensive side of the ball.  That's very, very clear.

Browns D gave up 26 a game compared to our 29 a game.  That matters.

ICO Brees, you just made a point about building block QBs being QBs that are young didn't you.  You can say Brees is better but if I were to pick between the two right now I would pick the guy still playing in the NFL.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Baker has a better team around him.  Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt > Josh Jacobs and D. Booker.  OBJ, J. Landry > H. Ruggs and N. Agholor.  Their starting CB, Ward and their pro bowl caliber DE (can't remember his name right now) are better than Mullen and Crosby.  He has more talent around him and on the defensive side of the ball.  That's very, very clear.

Browns D gave up 26 a game compared to our 29 a game.  That matters.

ICO Brees, you just made a point about building block QBs being QBs that are young didn't you.  You can say Brees is better but if I were to pick between the two right now I would pick the guy still playing in the NFL.

Baker did make progress this year, he actually has a line and good coach now. He always had the playmakers, but the Browns coaching and line have been trash.... he might take another step, year 2 in the system...