Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

23 minutes ago, Geezy said:

if he was a main reason for us losing and was holding the team back, similar to how Goff is holding the Rams back, then youd have a case. Weve yet to see that, aside from '16 where he had a team good enough to compete in the playoffs. Imo were close to that point, just need to get the defense to respectable first. 

also, those Raider teams who dominated were staaaacked on both sides, clearly not the case anymore. 

It doesn’t fit the narrative. If he’s mediocre why is he still around?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Geezy said:

if he was a main reason for us losing and was holding the team back, similar to how Goff is holding the Rams back, then youd have a case. Weve yet to see that, aside from '16 where he had a team good enough to compete in the playoffs. Imo were close to that point, just need to get the defense to respectable first. 

also, those Raider teams who dominated were staaaacked on both sides, clearly not the case anymore. 

I disagree, Carr is holding us back. He is a good player overall but he isn't good enough. 

Why not try something new? 

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

lol you are out of your mind if you think every draft class has 1 or 2 superstar QBs. 

Most definitely. With a QB career lasting 10+ years, you'd have at least 15 superstar QBs in the league right now. We all know this isn't the case.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I know exactly who Carr is and I understand football which is a team sport.  Do I want him to be surrounded with better talent, and average D and win more games, of course but that is on the coach, GM and front office to do so.  The front office has failed miserably in doing so throughout Carr's career and the 15 years before Carr was here.  Pinning wins and losses directly to a QB is about as low brow an uneducated of an opinion as one can have.  

If your stance was the consensus how would it be possible to have a QB in the HOF with a sub .500 career winning percentage? 

So more wins won’t change your opinion of carr? 

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

So more wins won’t change your opinion of carr? 

Once again do wins and losses define how good a QB is?  Clearly the answer is no or else Warren Moon would not be in the HOF with a sub .500 winning percentage.

Do I want the Raiders to win more games, of course I do but talent wise we are a 4 win team and the fact we won 8 game is a testament as to how well Carr played.  

Football 101...  Football is a team sport.  

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

According to the Carr defenders, more wins won't matter since they claim it is only a team stat

Football 101.  Football is a team sport.  You guys crack me up as to how you claim to understand the game but clearly lack the ability to comprehend what you are watching...

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Football 101.  Football is a team sport.  You guys crack me up as to how you claim to understand the game but clearly lack the ability to comprehend what you are watching...

Why does the NFL itself only tracks W/L records to QBs, coaches and front offices only?

This crushes your claim. Never heard a win loss record associated with the DT or RG. 

18 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Once again do wins and losses define how good a QB is?  Clearly the answer is no or else Warren Moon would not be in the HOF with a sub .500 winning percentage.

Do I want the Raiders to win more games, of course I do but talent wise we are a 4 win team and the fact we won 8 game is a testament as to how well Carr played.  

Football 101...  Football is a team sport.  

Interesting fair enough so if carr never won a game again it wouldn’t change your opinion of him. Interesting position to take. 

19 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Why does the NFL itself only tracks W/L records to QBs, coaches and front offices only?

This crushes your claim. Never heard a win loss record associated with the DT or RG. 

Same reason why qb comebacks victories are an actual tracked stat. But wait for it..... not a team stat..... but strictly a qb stat 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Yet you just said we’re a 4 win team but the fact we won 8 is a testament to “carr” 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Every year there is a franchise level QB that gets drafted to a team. Sometimes 2

ok cool, so now you are saying every year there is 1 or 2 franchise level qbs. . . not Star QBs. 
keep shifting the goalposts, i love it. 
Question for you, From 2014, who is the Franchise QB?

3 Blake Bortles Jaguars Central Florida
  2 1 22 22 Johnny Manziel Browns Texas A&M
  3 1 32 32 Teddy Bridgewater Vikings Louisville
  4 2 4 36 Derek Carr Raiders Fresno State
  5 2 30 62 Jimmy Garoppolo Patriots Eastern Illinois
  6 4 20 120 Logan Thomas Cardinals Virginia Tech
  7 4 35 135 Tom Savage Texans Pittsburgh
  8 5 23 163 Aaron Murray Chiefs Georgia
  9 5 24 164 AJ McCarron Bengals Alabama
  10 6 2 178 Zach Mettenberger Titans Louisiana State
  11 6 7 183 David Fales Bears San Jose State
  12 6 18 194 Keith Wenning Ravens Ball State