Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Davis would be dope. I'm not sold on Robinson, but Chicago has it's issues that contribute to that. 

Marvin Jones could be a sneaky good one. 

Despite reservations, I'd prefer Robinson of the 3. The others are good, but Robinson offers some size we're missing outside of Edwards at WR. Agholor, Ruggs, and Renfrow have proven themselves (outside of some of the Agholor drops referenced by @MrOaktown_56) and I feel like Davis and Jones offer much of the same play type. Robinson's in a bad spot and might be more of a reclamation project, but he offers dominant WR1 size. 

I'd give Robinson a huge deal right now. Watched his whole career. Absolute baller.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

The Raiders will be operating at a cap deficit next season if the base cap plummets to around $175 million. According to overthecap.com, the Raiders will be operating from just over -$6 million. Plus, the Raiders will probably want/need to re-sign some players. I premised my opening post with the idea that the Raiders should capitalize on this free agent class. In my opinion, it's one of the best in recent memory and the Raiders are ripe for making playoff runs in consecutive seasons for the first time in decades.

Ripe for playoff runs by trading their QB ? 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

I honestly wouldn't pay any high price wr until the offense shows they will use him. I would love Robinson. But to pay his price tag and only give him 60 targets or so would be crazy. Imo. 

He'd probably get more than 60 but then Ruggs wouldn't get enough. The goal moving forward should be to make Ruggs a bigger part of the offense. I don't see a way Waller isn't the main target in the near future and we won't become pass happy anytime soon either. That leaves the open WR spot in a complementary role. Agholor could be re-signed, Edwards could get his shot or we sign someone like David Moore from the Seahawks.

The priority signing for me would be Marcus Williams from the Saints.

50 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

He'd probably get more than 60 but then Ruggs wouldn't get enough. The goal moving forward should be to make Ruggs a bigger part of the offense. I don't see a way Waller isn't the main target in the near future and we won't become pass happy anytime soon either. That leaves the open WR spot in a complementary role. Agholor could be re-signed, Edwards could get his shot or we sign someone like David Moore from the Seahawks.

50 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Williams would be a great signing beside abram. We got to find a dominate inside dlineman. 

59 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Ripe for playoff runs by trading their QB ? 

In my scenario, if Carr is traded it would be to draft a top prospect. I did a cursory viewing of Wilson and Fields this week, and I would trade Carr if it meant the team could draft Wilson.

11 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

So, after watching some Zach Wilson, I think I would trade Carr plus whatever it took to get to #2. I think Lawrence and Wilson are special.

You do see the tremendous risk in that move, right?  If Mayock were to trade Carr and risk draft capital (at least 2 first rounders and then some) to move up to number 2 overall he better be 100 percent certain that Wilson or any other QB is an upgrade over Carr.  If he makes that move and Wilson is a bust or average Mayocks GM career is over.  Back to ESPN he goes. 

No way he would do that, not a chance especially the way Carr is playing right now.  This is a 4 to 6 win team without Carr at the helm, our talent level is still pretty pathetic as we lack a pass rush, have a patchwork LB corp, secondary and most importantly have zero depth at almost every position.  On O our WR's are unproven as we have castoff NA as our top threat (he has been playing well especially for an under the radar FA signing) we have no real depth behind Jacobs and our Oline has been hit and miss all year long.  

We have a lot of work to do to on both sides of the ball to become true contenders and spending a lot of draft capital on a QB, when we have a pro bowler already at the position on a decent contract makes zero sense unless you know for certain the QB you're drafting is a game changing, eilte, generational talent who is a can't miss prospect.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

If we are talking names like David Moore might as well roll with what we got. Justin Simmons would be my guy 

1 minute ago, OG_C2X said:

if we can Marcus May, Anthony Harris or Justin Simmons would be nice on the defense. With ARob to replace Tyrell on the offense. 

I think the best WR value will be Juju as he is only 24 and entering the prime of his career.  Both Arob and Golliday are studs but I feel if they hit the FA market they will command more money than Juju.  Based on Juju's age and the fact I think we could get him for 15 per year that would be a great option to take our WR corp to the next level.  

Juju, Ruggs, NA, Renfrow and Edwards will allow us to contend with the other high powered O's in the NFL for many years to come.  

2 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Williams would be a great signing beside abram. We got to find a dominate inside dlineman. 

Well, there's Leonard Williams if the Giants are dumb enough to let him test FA. I think he's getting the tag at least.