Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I think we could have continued that level of play if we made the right moves.  Reggie Nelson needed to be replaced.  We should've kept our OC.  We needed to keep L. Murray instead of signing M. Lynch and drafted a RB other than J. Richard and the other RB (I think D. Washington was his name).  We needed to find Crabtree's replacement as well.  We could have done a lot of things differently to keep our team competitive but we really made a lot of bad decisions after that season.

The offense was good but with some old pieces. Penn, Osemele, Crabtree never had another season like 2016. Downing was a huge mistake. And something happened in the locker room. JDR lost some players. It's not something many ever mention but i remember Mack and Irvin not showing up to practice after Norton was fired.

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

If you watch the game you know that there was a pass interference 22 yards that made it 1st and goal. Then the Raiders ran the ball 2 times and score on a 3th and goal. In your opinion we should have declined the penalty to burn up more time right?

I have already said where they messed up was when they had a 1st and 10 from the KC 23 they decided to throw the ball 3 times and the pas interference bailed us out.  We are suppose to be a power run team and the Chiefs are bad against the run.  1st and 10 from the 23 with 2 minutes left and you throw 3 straight passes?  Does that make sense to you? 

30 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

I don't think swapping Murray for Lynch was all that bad, but they definitely should have attacked RB in the draft. Agreed on a lot of the other comments.

I think it was bad because when Lynch came over they tried to use ZBS to suit his running style.  We had just built a PBS with players that fit the system.

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

Yes, if a FG doesn't win you the game, you have to score a TD. Down by a FG or more, not a single coach is going to wish they didn't run a TD scoring play because it let too much time on the clock. Not a single one. You have to score a TD and too many things could happen on the next play to let an opportunity go by.

Your telling me that you, Gruden, and most of the Raider Nation did not look at the clock after scoring and said that is to much time for Mahomes against our defense.  I can guarantee you Gruden shot Guenther a look or said something about it.  It is not always an issue but we have known for the past 3 years it is with our defense.

12 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

The offense was good but with some old pieces. Penn, Osemele, Crabtree never had another season like 2016. Downing was a huge mistake. And something happened in the locker room. JDR lost some players. It's not something many ever mention but i remember Mack and Irvin not showing up to practice after Norton was fired.

I have said something happened to split the locker room for a while now.  Davis even talked about it in an article.  I am sure it was the week of the WFT game.  Carr and JDR where treated differently afterwards.

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Your telling me that you, Gruden, and most of the Raider Nation did not look at the clock after scoring and said that is to much time for Mahomes against our defense.  I can guarantee you Gruden shot Guenther a look or said something about it.  It is not always an issue but we have known for the past 3 years it is with our defense.

Probably but i'm telling you they had to score a TD and you don't get to pick when you do it.

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I have said something happened to split the locker room for a while now.  Davis even talked about it in an article.  I am sure it was the week of the WFT game.  Carr and JDR where treated differently afterwards.

I don't know if you've seen some of JDR's posts on twitter over the last few years but there's no doubt there was a disconnect between the players and him over political reasons.

4 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Lol i dont think they hate it, just see past your "support" when he does well. 

I am fairly conviced after the KC game, a few of the big time Carr haters were pissed because they thought great he prob just secured his job for next year. 
That thought process isnt really doing both IMO. While you claim youre happy they won, it is clear you want the Raiders to go 4-12 and be forced to move on. 

I hate kc ESP in kc for personal reasons you’ll never understand how big that win was for me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Yea, these guys act like we’re blinded to Carrs limitations. I just wish we held the rest of the team to the same standards.

He’s the highest paid player on the team it’s levels to this you don’t have the same expectations for a guy making considerably less

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

He’s the highest paid player on the team it’s levels to this you don’t have the same expectations for a guy making considerably less

like ive said a few times already, the defense gets paid too. This is the NFL, there needs to be expectations across the board. This isnt the NBA, thats ran by the elite players in the league, football is a team sport, thats why theres considerably more players on a football team than any other sport.

6 minutes ago, Geezy said:

like ive said a few times already, the defense gets paid too. This is the NFL, there needs to be expectations across the board. This isnt the NBA, thats ran by the elite players in the league, football is a team sport, thats why theres considerably more players on a football team than any other sport.

So you hold a guy like abrams and carr to the same standards?

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

So you hold a guy like abrams and carr to the same standards?

why wouldnt you? Theyre both taking up roster spots, Abram was taken higher. Carr needs to be perfect, but lets give everyone else a pass. Thats how yall sound. If Abram could be a top ten safety like Carr is a top 10 QB, our defense would be much better. Im a Raiders fan, i just want to win, but im not gonna bash a guy who hasnt shown me to be the problem. Yall just use him as the common denominator between him and a losing franchise, until the Raiders put a playoff team together and DC shows hes holding them back, i will support him. 

We have a top 10 QB and a bottom 3 defense. A top 5 QB is not going to make our defensive woes go away, especially if we have to use more cap space and draft picks to attain one. I dont know what's so hard to comprehend. 

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

why wouldnt you? Theyre both taking up roster spots, Abram was taken higher. Carr needs to be perfect, but lets give everyone else a pass. Thats how yall sound. If Abram could be a top ten safety like Carr is a top 10 QB, our defense would be much better. Im a Raiders fan, i just want to win, but im not gonna bash a guy who hasnt shown me to be the problem. Yall just use him as the common denominator between him and a losing franchise, until the Raiders put a playoff team together and DC shows hes holding them back, i will support him. 

We have a top 10 QB and a bottom 3 defense. A top 5 QB is not going to make our defensive woes go away, especially if we have to use more cap space and draft picks to attain one. I dont know what's so hard to comprehend. 

Ideally yea but I don’t think it’s realistic. Guys get paid different amounts for reasons.