Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

6 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I think Carr would if Gruden told him to.  Carr would probably pull him aside and talk to him.  Have we ever seen Carr yell at anyone?  I think he yelled at a coach once on the sideline.  

If I can see hr3 running lazy routes all year carr can too. I always tell my qbs to take control. Carr puts in enough work and has been here long enough to have the right to call anyone out regardless of draft status 

11 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

We were 8-8 with one of the worst DCs and we would be upgrading at QB and HC.  They would need to bring their coaching staffs.  Without Mahomes and Reid the Chiefs do not win the division and with them we do.  We have homefield round 1.  Are we as good as those teams? No.  Are we a better team? Yes and are at least in the playoffs with a chance.

This is all speculation.  Plain and simple, we have a better roster than the Jets and Jags, will never have Mahomes or Reid, and clearly need to improve our defense.  The most commonly agreed upon fact is that the defense is garbage, easy to improve, and requires capital to improve/fix.  We just need to get that done.  Like Mayock said, we need play makers at all 3 levels of defense.  Period.  We improve our defense into middle of the pack and we are in the playoffs.  I really think its that simple.

35 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You honestly think carr would get in hr3’s face and tell him to get his sh together?

If Ruggs really needs someone to get in his face in order for him to get his ish together, then we drafted the wrong player.  Ruggs graded his season a D, I'm sure he's going to get better.  If he thought he was doing just fine, he would've given himself a better grade.  Which would probably mean that he felt he did fine, and that it was other's fault that he didn't produce more.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jerry said:

This is all speculation.  Plain and simple, we have a better roster than the Jets and Jags, will never have Mahomes or Reid, and clearly need to improve our defense.  The most commonly agreed upon fact is that the defense is garbage, easy to improve, and requires capital to improve/fix.  We just need to get that done.  Like Mayock said, we need play makers at all 3 levels of defense.  Period.  We improve our defense into middle of the pack and we are in the playoffs.  I really think its that simple.

You are the one that asked a speculative question of whether the could take the Jags and Jets to the playoffs.  Ask us to speculate and then get angry about a speculative answer.  If you really think Reid and Mahomes are not an improvement over Carr and Gruden then have fun with that opinion.  Yoou are also the one that just said we went 8-8.  Without a second half collapse we make the playoffs.  You think if you take away Mahomes and Reid the Chiefs are still a playoff team then oaky.

22 minutes ago, Jerry said:

If Ruggs really needs someone to get in his face in order for him to get his ish together, then we drafted the wrong player.  Ruggs graded his season a D, I'm sure he's going to get better.  If he thought he was doing just fine, he would've given himself a better grade.  Which would probably mean that he felt he did fine, and that it was other's fault that he didn't produce more.

What would you grade Agholor's season as?

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

D. Watson's impact was clearly not enough to help his team get into the playoffs.  No reason to sign him knowing he doesn't have the leadership skills to get it done. 

Tom Brady took a good team, that signed Gronk, Suh, Fournette, and probably some other good players I can't recall off the top of my head, with a defense that has one of the best LB groups in the league, and took it to the playoffs and proceeded to beat up on the WFT, a Saints team with the shell of Brees, and then got lucky on a PI against the Packers.  But yeah I mean he did it.  Him along with some talented FAs, a pretty good roster to begin with, and yeah he did it.

Do you really believe Mahomes and Brady could take the current rosters of the Jets and Jags and take them to the SB?  I really want to know.  Andy Reid and Mahomes on the Jets, and Arians and Brady on the Jags and they're in the SB?  I'm just wondering.

You gotta stop with the Watson doubts. The dude is one of the best QBs talents to come out in awhile. Texans are a terrible organization that he has held up

Yes we would be better with Mahomes + Reid or Brady + Gruden.

Also all I can give answers to is the results we have had as a team the last few years. Carr is not a QB who can have long term success in the NFL

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

It is speculation that Carr can become a winning QB in the future after 7 years of 47-63 starting record.

I think Carr would have benefited early on in his Career to sit behind a veteran QB and shown certain intangibles of the QB position

When you lead the NFL in sack fumbles and can't punch it in the redzone, 8-8 is probably is best you can hope for. 

Edited by bucksavage1

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

We literally just went 8-8, best record during Gruden's three years.  How are we trending down?  I don't understand this.  One side of the ball has greatly improved (offense), now we need to focus on getting the defense and we will be a playoff caliber team.  

Went 8-8 (really 7-9 because c'mon, that Jets game was a loss) after being 6-3 two seasons in a row.... that trending in the right direction? 

Regardless I said trending in the wrong direction. Was more talking as far as the team starting to resemble that of Gruden's past teams. Lack of leadership and accountability. Excuses, finger pointing. His teams fade late.

He was 9-3 and lost 4 straight including a game to Jamarcus Russell in week 16 to loose his job in Tampa. 

32 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

You gotta stop with the Watson doubts. The dude is one of the best QBs talents to come out in awhile. Texans are a terrible organization that he has held up

Also all I can give answers to is the results we have had as a team the last few years. Carr is not a QB who can have long term success in the NFL

Stop doubting Watson who had his team 4-12 with a slightly better defense than ours?  I don't really know what to say to that.  

25 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It is speculation that Carr can become a winning QB in the future after 7 years of 47-63 starting record.

I think Carr would have benefited early on in his Career to sit behind a veteran QB and shown certain intangibles of the QB position

When you lead the NFL in sack fumbles and can't punch it in the redzone, 8-8 is probably is best you can hope for. 

It isn't speculation, it's just common sense that with a decent defense our record should easily improve.

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Went 8-8 (really 7-9 because c'mon, that Jets game was a loss) after being 6-3 two seasons in a row.... that trending in the right direction? 

Regardless I said trending in the wrong direction. Was more talking as far as the team starting to resemble that of Gruden's past teams. Lack of leadership and accountability. Excuses, finger pointing. His teams fade late.

He was 9-3 and lost 4 straight including a game to Jamarcus Russell in week 16 to loose his job in Tampa. 

Yes, 8-8 after going 7-9 and I believe 4-12 two years ago is trending in the right direction.  Our offense is clearly trending in the right direction.  The offense is stagnant at the bottom and clearly needs to be improved.  Keep the offense relatively the same and improve the defense, and we continue trending in the right direction.  

15 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

From what everyone around here has said is that Carr has a relatively cheap cap hit for a QB.  I will give you that.  So why have we spent more on Carr, who is suppose to be cheap, and the o-line than the entire defense.  Either we have focused on the o-line to much for Carr or it is ridiculous how much we have ignored the defense.  Everyone said Carr needs more weapons and talent on the offense and that is why he has not done well.  We had to sacrifice the defense to give Carr what some said he needed.  Now the FO and Gruden have failed so they carry some of the blame for wasting money and draft picks but you have to choose between investing in the defense or giving Carr talent.  We will not have both.  So this brings me back to what I have said a few times.  We need Carr or Gruden to leave.  I am not saying people can not improve but from what many Carr supporters say around here is that the offense is not the problem.  It is when you have to ignore the other side of the ball to accomplish your goals.  No denying the defense needs to get better but the offense may need to maintain or do more with less.

We spent about 55m on guys like Mariota, TW, Nassib, Trent and Incognito who provided next to nothing as a group, spent two 3rds on guys who didnt even see the field for us. 

You dont think we can get better with the money we will be saving when we cut a few of those guys or when Trent is 100%, or when we get some production from guys who by MM's account shouldve been first year starters?

How is that on Carr? Yea we spent a ton of money on offense, but 50m of that was on the sidelines last season.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Just can't get over the bolded.  DC may not be on his level, but the Raiders organization is worse than the Texans.  They have drafted and developed talent consistently.  Just messed it up this past season.  They should've kept Clowney and Hopkins but clearly wanted to just shoot themselves in the foot.  Over and over again.  Crazy how you go to bat for Watson but completely crap on Carr.  I truly believe if Carr went to any of last years playoff teams, he would've gotten them there just as well.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Reminded me of this quote from Jacobs after Mariota played against the Chargers.

"He made the defense play honest. The ends couldn't come chase us down like they did last game we played them. They had to play their gaps and play their responsibilities."

I remember reading that and thinking here the star RB is basically saying, hey this back up made things easier for me as a RB. It didn't get much attention, but it was odd Jacobs didn't come out with the clichés about backup QBs or really back the starter in this moment.

until hes facing 8 and 9 man boxes

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

We literally just went 8-8, best record during Gruden's three years.  How are we trending down?  I don't understand this.  One side of the ball has greatly improved (offense), now we need to focus on getting the defense and we will be a playoff caliber team.  

i dont get it man, we were 3 plays away from being 11-5, but in here its a complete dumpster fire. lol wut

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Did you know with the exception of 2016 the Raiders have been 3-5 the second half of the season every year since 2014.  They were worse a couple years before that though.

11 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Did you know with the exception of 2016 the Raiders have been 3-5 the second half of the season every year since 2014.  They were worse a couple years before that though.

honestly, i believe its our lack of depth. the good teams have depth in place when the inevitable injury bug appears. We can withstand a few, but dont have the depth to maintain through 16 games imo