Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

38 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah TB has drafted heavy on Defense the last 3 years.  Vita Vea and Devin White plus stocked up the secondary with 2nd and 3rd round picks: Carlton Davis, Jamal Dean, Sean Murphy-Bunting (plus MJ Stewart but he was a bust and is gone to Cle) at CB and Mike Edwards Antione Winfield plus 4th rounder Jordan Whitehead at S.  They spend under 9M on their secondary!  We pay more than that to Joyner Alone.

Instead of resigning Nassib for 9M+ annually they replaced him with a 4th rounder, Anthony Nelson.  Besides Shaq Barrett on the 15.8M, JPP making 12.8M, L.David 10.75M, Suh 8m, and Golston 5.5M the entire defense is draft picks and cheap veteran backups, none being over 1M. They don’t pay guys like Nassib 9m, Collins 6m, Heath 3.5m to be backups.  They spend 45M on the defense.

Yes sir and they’ll be playing for the chip while we’re at home watching again 

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah TB has drafted heavy on Defense the last 3 years.  Vita Vea and Devin White plus stocked up the secondary with 2nd and 3rd round picks: Carlton Davis, Jamal Dean, Sean Murphy-Bunting (plus MJ Stewart but he was a bust and is gone to Cle) at CB and Mike Edwards Antione Winfield plus 4th rounder Jordan Whitehead at S.  They spend under 9M on their secondary!  We pay more than that to Joyner Alone.

Instead of resigning Nassib for 9M+ annually they replaced him with a 4th rounder, Anthony Nelson.  Besides Shaq Barrett on the 15.8M, JPP making 12.8M, L.David 10.75M, Suh 8m, and Golston 5.5M the entire defense is draft picks and cheap veteran backups, none being over 1M. They don’t pay guys like Nassib 9m, Collins 6m, Heath 3.5m to be backups.  They spend 45M on the defense.

Exactly.... Our drafts have been defense heavy and had so So impact.... 

give me Devin White and Winfield all day over Ferrell and Arnette. But Winfield was too short in the Raider eyes.... smh he was one of the best college players of the past few years 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

How many posters do we have arguing about Carr?  8-10?  You are right the percentage is so much lower now that there is only 4-5 of us?

Well, most posters are smart enough to avoid this never ending discussion. I'm not!

7 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Well, most posters are smart enough to avoid this never ending discussion. I'm not!

The funny thing is Carr is gong to be our starting QB come next season no matter what these guys say.  They can sit there all day long and waste their time trying to convince everyone that we should trade him, cut him, sign Ol' Crab Legs, draft the next Mahomes and not Jake Locker.  It's all nonsense because there is no way that Mayock would move on from Carr right now and anyone who thinks Carr is the issue with this team clearly lacks an understanding about football.

I have said this for the last few years, if Mayock was to trade Carr to the Bears and Carr leads then deep into the playoffs, we draft a QB and he turns out to be a Jake Locker or Josh Rosen, or Johnny Football etc. Mayocks career is over as a GM.  Making a move like that and having that Qb be a downgrade over Carr is disastrous and anyone with even an average understanding of the game/business knows this. 

It's fun to debate these guys but unless they're really clueless they're just trying to pass time clogging up this message board with nonsense.  

Also anyone that thinks Watson will end up here is also clueless.  I read that he has some say in where he would land and what makes you think he would want to leave one mismanaged dumpster fire for another one like we have here in LV?  I said the same thing with Brady last year as you guys were slurping up the media trash that Brady was going to play in LV LOL Tom Brady was looking for an ideal spot for him to ride out the end of his career and playing on a dumpster fire devoid of talent like we have would have been the end of his career.  To me it was clear as day and to think that some fools actually think that LV is a desirable spot for players hahahaha  We cant draft, overpay for FA's who rarely produce, have a HC that makes faces but hasn't really adapted to the new NFL as our team is still a joke.  

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The funny thing is Carr is gong to be our starting QB come next season no matter what these guys say.  They can sit there all day long and waste their time trying to convince everyone that we should trade him, cut him, sign Ol' Crab Legs, draft the next Mahomes and not Jake Locker.  It's all nonsense because there is no way that Mayock would move on from Carr right now and anyone who thinks Carr is the issue with this team clearly lacks an understanding about football.

I have said this for the last few years, if Mayock was to trade Carr to the Bears and Carr leads then deep into the playoffs, we draft a QB and he turns out to be a Jake Locker or Josh Rosen, or Johnny Football etc. Mayocks career is over as a GM.  Making a move like that and having that Qb be a downgrade over Carr is disastrous and anyone with even an average understanding of the game/business knows this. 

It's fun to debate these guys but unless they're really clueless they're just trying to pass time clogging up this message board with nonsense.  

Also anyone that thinks Watson will end up here is also clueless.  I read that he has some say in where he would land and what makes you think he would want to leave one mismanaged dumpster fire for another one like we have here in LV?  I said the same thing with Brady last year as you guys were slurping up the media trash that Brady was going to play in LV LOL Tom Brady was looking for an ideal spot for him to ride out the end of his career and playing on a dumpster fire devoid of talent like we have would have been the end of his career.  To me it was clear as day and to think that some fools actually think that LV is a desirable spot for players hahahaha  We cant draft, overpay for FA's who rarely produce, have a HC that makes faces but hasn't really adapted to the new NFL as our team is still a joke.  

Mm and gruden are already on the hot seat tho imo a new qb would extend their time. Another 8-8 year and all three are gone. 

23 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Mm and gruden are already on the hot seat tho imo a new qb would extend their time. Another 8-8 year and all three are gone. 

A new QB would extend their time?  Your assumption is that this new QB would be an upgrade over Carr which is a poor assumption. 

You really think Gruden is on the hot seat?  I wouldn't mind if he was but I think Mark Davis believes that Gruden craps out gold nuggets LOL

42 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Link?  Or is this just made up garbage that you personally believe?  I've heard nothing about MM, Gruden, or DC being on the hot seat.  Unless you're Mark Davis then you really have no idea what is going on or what will happen.

43 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Link?  Or is this just made up garbage that you personally believe?  I've heard nothing about MM, Gruden, or DC being on the hot seat.  Unless you're Mark Davis then you really have no idea what is going on or what will happen.

Just google “gruden hot seat”

12 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah TB has drafted heavy on Defense the last 3 years.

Over the last three drafts we've used 7 picks in rounds 1-3 on defensive players: Arnette (1st in '20), Muse (3rd in '20), Ferrell (1st in '19), Abram (1st in '19), Mullen (2nd in '19), Hall (2nd in '18), Key (3rd in '18). We've just missed on pretty much every single pick, lol. 

You really think Gruden is on the hot seat?  I wouldn't mind if he was but I think Mark Davis believes that Gruden craps out gold nuggets LOL

Davis sold his soul when he gave Gruden that 10 year/$100M contract. He will be here as long as he wants to be. 

A new QB would extend their time?  Your assumption is that this new QB would be an upgrade over Carr which is a poor assumption. 

Frankie we may disagree a lot but you and I know that a QB does that have to be an upgrade to buy more time.  The old QB is used as a scapegoat which generally buys a couple years to make the plan work.  It happens all the time.  Sometimes it is a coach, DC, OC, or QB.  

50 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I do not know if there is any direct information but there is smoke with different writers talking about the possibility of it happening which is always how it starts.  From everything I have seen it is pure speculation right now.

• Like 1