Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Davis sold his soul when he gave Gruden that 10 year/$100M contract. He will be here as long as he wants to be. 

Exactly and lets just say that quality coaches are not pounding on Mark Davis door trying to coach this disorganized group of underachievers for a franchise that has been the laughing stock of the league for 20 years. 

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Frankie we may disagree a lot but you and I know that a QB does that have to be an upgrade to buy more time.  The old QB is used as a scapegoat which generally buys a couple years to make the plan work.  It happens all the time.  Sometimes it is a coach, DC, OC, or QB.  

I do not know if there is any direct information but there is smoke with different writers talking about the possibility of it happening which is always how it starts.  From everything I have seen it is pure speculation right now.

If we were to move on from Carr and the replacement was a downgrade I assure you heads will roll and the first one will be Mayock.  Gruden will use him as and excuse to keep his 10 million dollar salary rolling in all while his squad continues to underachieve.  

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Over the last three drafts we've used 7 picks in rounds 1-3 on defensive players: Arnette (1st in '20), Muse (3rd in '20), Ferrell (1st in '19), Abram (1st in '19), Mullen (2nd in '19), Hall (2nd in '18), Key (3rd in '18). We've just missed on pretty much every single pick, lol. 

TB 

O - 4   D - 8

You are right however that we have missed and they have landed some of the players we should have drafted.  Ferrel is starting to play better but White is going to be special. 

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If we were to move on from Carr and the replacement was a downgrade I assure you heads will roll and the first one will be Mayock.  Gruden will use him as and excuse to keep his 10 million dollar salary rolling in all while his squad continues to underachieve.  

Yo are not getting it.  If ay Gruden is on the hot seat this year (No evidence to point to this) and they traded Carr and drafted a 1st round QB Gruden would get 3 years even if we played worse in year one and two because nobody would expect a rookie QB to come in right away and be better than an established QB.  Since the QB is the most important player on the team he would be given time.  Yes heads would role if it did not work but if we can not get this figured out heads are going to role anyways.  Eventually Mark Davis will stop listening to the excuses whether they are valid or not.

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

You are right however that we have missed and they have landed some of the players we should have drafted.  Ferrel is starting to play better but White is going to be special. 

Ferrell has 6.5 sacks in 26 games. 2.5 of those sacks came against the Chargers last year and 2 came against the Jets this year. Meaning he has 2.0 sacks in his other 24 games and had 0 sacks in the 10 games he played in outside of the Jets game this season. 

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Yo are not getting it.  If ay Gruden is on the hot seat this year (No evidence to point to this) and they traded Carr and drafted a 1st round QB Gruden would get 3 years even if we played worse in year one and two because nobody would expect a rookie QB to come in right away and be better than an established QB.  Since the QB is the most important player on the team he would be given time.  Yes heads would role if it did not work but if we can not get this figured out heads are going to role anyways.  Eventually Mark Davis will stop listening to the excuses whether they are valid or not.

This

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Ferrell has 6.5 sacks in 26 games. 2.5 of those sacks came against the Chargers last year and 2 came against the Jets this year. Meaning he has 2.0 sacks in his other 24 games and had 0 sacks in the 10 games he played in outside of the Jets game this season. 

Ferrel is not going to be a big sack guy.  He might top out in the 8-10 range for a couple seasons but he is progressing.  He will be a good DE but never live up to the #4 pick.  At his peak he could be Brandon Graham.  White has no ceiling.  I think White will end up in the DPOY talks at his peak.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I don't think you're getting it. 

I dont think Gruden is currently on the hot seat but if we move on from Carr and he lands in a spot like Chicago, takes them deep into the playoffs, we draft a QB (which I am assuming you're implying we take in the 1st round) and we regress to a 4ish win team over the next two years Gruden will have to be fired.  If that QB we drafted hits the field plays like Tua Gruden is 100 percent gone. Do you really think Gruden would risk his 10 million dollar per season contract on the shoulders of an unproven rookie that if he busts will seal his fate?    

A blunder like that is inexcusable and most likely probable if you look at the history of 1st round QB's over the last decade. 

13 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I don't think you're getting it. 

I dont think Gruden is currently on the hot seat but if we move on from Carr and he lands in a spot like Chicago, takes them deep into the playoffs, we draft a QB (which I am assuming you're implying we take in the 1st round) and we regress to a 4ish win team over the next two years Gruden will have to be fired.  If that QB we drafted hits the field plays like Tua Gruden is 100 percent gone. Do you really think Gruden would risk his 10 million dollar per season contract on the shoulders of an unproven rookie that if he busts will seal his fate?    

A blunder like that is inexcusable and most likely probable if you look at the history of 1st round QB's over the last decade. 

Read the bolded.

34 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Ferrel is not going to be a big sack guy.  He might top out in the 8-10 range for a couple seasons but he is progressing.  He will be a good DE but never live up to the #4 pick.  At his peak he could be Brandon Graham.  White has no ceiling.  I think White will end up in the DPOY talks at his peak.

Ferrell will never live up to being a top 5 pick or be a good starting caliber player for us. We missed big, he's a backup DE that's solid in run support. 

34 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ferrell will never live up to being a top 5 pick or be a good starting caliber player for us. We missed big, he's a backup DE that's solid in run support. 

He is still young and I am reserving judgment until we can put a competent 3T on the inside who can collapse the pocket. I will say however that when spending the #4 pick on a player you expect him to be elite and CF has not shown that so far. 

CF is clearly not a player who can have top tier success without help but like I have said without an interior pass rusher it effects all levels of our D, including our pass rush.  All a QB has to do is step up and they will have a clean pocket with all day to throw the ball.  We have nothing from the interior, absolutely nothing and teams know this.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

17 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He is still young and I am reserving judgment until we can put a competent 3T on the inside who can collapse the pocket. I will say however that when spending the #4 pick on a player you expect him to be elite and CF has not shown that so far.   

Ferrell has 6.5 sacks in 26 games, it was a horrible pick. He's a role player now and always will be, he's just not physically gifted enough to consistently win as a pass rusher. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ferrell has 6.5 sacks in 26 games, it was a horrible pick. He's a role player now and always will be, he's just not physically gifted enough to consistently win as a pass rusher. 

I'm not defending him at all and I was not a fan of the pick at 4 overall but what i am saying is that I want to wait to see what kind of player he can become when paired with a great 3T.  If that ever happens who knows but he will not reach his potential until we have a consistent interior pass rush. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If we had picked Devin White at that pick, that draft for us would have been really freaking good.  I'll hold off on grading Abram.  If we can turn him into a Jamal Adams type of player (roughly 90 tackles and 8-9 sacks), I'll consider Abram to be a good pick.  Guy should just rush and play nickel CB/LB lol.