Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

If we had picked Devin White at that pick, that draft for us would have been really freaking good.  I'll hold off on grading Abram.  If we can turn him into a Jamal Adams type of player (roughly 90 tackles and 8-9 sacks), I'll consider Abram to be a good pick.  Guy should just rush and play nickel CB/LB lol.

White likely wouldn't be having the success he's having behind the Raiders' defensive line or blitzing with far less frequency. White gets to play to his strengths in Tampa.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

White likely wouldn't be having the success he's having behind the Raiders' defensive line or blitzing with far less frequency. White gets to play to his strengths in Tampa.

100 percent correct.  It sure is easy to play MLB and roam free when O coordinators have to worry about JPP, Shaq, Suh, Via and David.  We currently have nothing that O coordinators fear... nothing. JPP is the best player along that Dline, he is a stud no matter where he plays.  

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

100 percent correct.  It sure is easy to play MLB and roam free when O coordinators have to worry about JPP, Shaq, Suh, Via and David.  We currently have nothing that O coordinators fear... nothing. JPP is the best player along that Dline, he is a stud no matter where he plays.  

How do think JPP and Barrett would fit in our system?

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

How do think JPP and Barrett would fit in our system?

How would they fit?

JPP would be massive upgrade over what we have at the DE position.  He would be our starting every down DE.  Currently we could slide CF inside on passing downs and rotate CF and Maxx on 1st and 2nd down, while using one of them to spell JPP when he needs a rest.

Shaq would be an upgrade as a pass rushing LB/ SLB but I also think that he is a product of playing on a stacked TB D.  I feel if we were to land him in FA with our current roster he would have a significant decrease in production.  Therefore I would pass on him as a FA.

I have never heard one of you homers on here say that Stafford is an elite NFL QB.  He has a sub .500 win loss record, has had injury concerns and has thrown for over 30 TD's once in the last 9 seasons. 

Please explain to me why Sean Mcvay, one of the brightest O minds in football just made a massive trade for Stafford a Qb that I have never heard anyone on here rank ahead of Carr or call elite?  

I think he gave up too much but I agree with going after Stafford and moving on from Goff.  Stafford is a very good QB, top 10 in the NFL when healthy but has been held back from being on dumpster fire teams with no D.  Sound familiar?

This move just reiterates my stance on Carr and proves you guys understand nothing about football....  Absolutely nothing!

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

22 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I have never heard one of you homers on here say that Stafford is an elite NFL QB.  He has a sub .500 win loss record, has had injury concerns and has thrown for over 30 TD's once in the last 9 seasons. 

Please explain to me why Sean Mcvay, one of the brightest O minds in football just made a massive trade for Stafford a Qb that I have never heard anyone on here rank ahead of Carr or call elite?  

I think he gave up too much but I agree with going after Stafford and moving on from Goff.  Stafford is a very good QB, top 10 in the NFL when healthy but has been held back from being on dumpster fire teams with no D.  Sound familiar?

This move just reiterates my stance on Carr and proves you guys understand nothing about football....  Absolutely nothing!

Stafford >>>> carr

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Why did Amari Cooper, a guy who you claimed sucks, get traded for a first and signed to a 100 million dollar contract? Does that move prove you know anything about football either? 

Stafford isn't elite, but he's a better, more talented version of Carr. The Rams are a win now team,who have proven they don't value first round picks as much as everyone else. They overpaid but they had to just to rid themselves of the albatross Goff contract. It was as much about getting out of that contract as it was acquiring Stafford.

40 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Jared Goff. Started in SB 2018.

Jimmy G. Started in SB last year.

Carson Wentz. Mvp front-runner in 2017 before getting injured. Led team to playoffs last yr.

All 3 are seemingly on the outs now. NFL stands for not for long.

There is a reason why teams like the Rams ,49ers and most teams aren't down for a long time. They do not accept losing and they hold everyone accountable for the success of the team including and specifically the Quarterback.

See us, we been out of the playoffs for 4 years and lost more than any team the last 15 years. Maybe our franchise should looking at what other teams are doing

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Stafford >>>> carr

Haha you crack me up.  Based on what metric?  You have been on here talking about winning percentage and stats and never once have I ever heard you mention Stafford as a better QB than Carr until now.

Give me a top 10 list of QB's in the NFL right now and tell me what you think Carr's trade value is. LOL 

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Why did Amari Cooper, a guy who you claimed sucks, get traded for a first and signed to a 100 million dollar contract? Does that move prove you know anything about football either? 

Stafford isn't elite, but he's a better, more talented version of Carr. The Rams are a win now team,who have proven they don't value first round picks as much as everyone else. They overpaid but they had to just to rid themselves of the albatross Goff contract. It was as much about getting out of that contract as it was acquiring Stafford.

I never said Cooper sucks, what I did say is that he is not an elite #1 who was over-drafted.  Get your facts straight.

Where do you have Stafford ranked and where do you have Carr ranked in terms of QB's in the NFL and what aare you basing that off of?  Is it that Stafford has a sub .500 career winning percentage or has thrown over 30 TD's once in his last 9 seasons?

What is Carr's trade value according to you?

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I never said Cooper sucks, what I did say is that he is not an elite #1 who was over-drafted.  Get your facts straight.

Where do you have Stafford ranked and where do you have Carr ranked in terms of QB's in the NFL and what aare you basing that off of?  Is it that Stafford has a sub .500 career winning percentage or has thrown over 30 TD's once in his last 9 seasons?

What is Carr's trade value according to you?

Carr and Stafford are in the same tier to me. Stafford is just a more talented version. Better passer. Posseses way more arm talent. Capable of making throws Carr can't. 

I think Carr would go for a first and maybe a mid round pick. If we catch a desperate like the Rams, maybe more.