Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

13 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Carr and Stafford are in the same tier to me. Stafford is just a more talented version. Better passer. Posseses way more arm talent. Capable of making throws Carr can't. 

I think Carr would go for a first and maybe a mid round pick. If we catch a desperate like the Rams, maybe more. 

Carr is younger, has had to do more with less than Stafford, has posted similar numbers but you think his trade value is a 1st and a mid round pick?  Stafford was just traded for 2 1st's a 3rd and Goff.  What makes you think Carr should be worth that much less than Stafford?

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Carr is younger, has had to do more with less than Stafford, has posted similar numbers but you think his trade value is a 1st and a mid round pick?  Stafford was just traded for 2 1st's a 3rd and Goff.  What makes you think Carr should be worth that much less than Stafford?

the compensation had to do with more of Goff's contract . However, one players value is subjective to the teams in the deal. The Rams obviously don't value 1st round picks like other teams and have done better than most of the league finding legitimate players in the mid to late rounds 

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lol can't be serious

Matthew stafford literally has had one 1,000 yard rusher at RB in his ENTIRE 11 year career.

Their oline had been horrible for years. Carr has had one of the better, most expensive Olines for the majority of his career.

They both have had poor defenses, correct. But I prefer stafford as he's more talented and is capable of playing in cold weather.

3 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Lol can't be serious

Matthew stafford literally has had one 1,000 yard rusher at RB in his ENTIRE 11 year career.

Their oline had been horrible for years. Carr has had one of the better, most expensive Olines for the majority of his career.

They both have had poor defenses, correct. But I prefer stafford as he's more talented and is capable of playing in cold weather.

How many has Carr had before Jacobs, how about zero.

Stafford has had much better WR's but a worse Oline.  He has thrown to the likes of Megatron, Marvin Jones, Tate, Gollday, Hockenson and Ebron which more than offsets his deficiencies along the Oline.  Carr has thrown to absolute trash throughout his career outside of Waller and Cooper who is clearly a complimentary piece who can't get it done on his own.

Both D's have been disasters but the Lions have had greater talent on the D side of the ball than the Raiders with players like Suh, Slay, Ziggy, Fairley, Ngata to name a few.  We have had nothing but garbage outside of Mack.  

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Stafford has had much better WR's but a worse Oline.  He has thrown to the likes of Megatron, Marvin Jones, Tate, Gollday, Hockenson and Ebron which more than offsets his deficiencies along the Oline.  Carr has thrown to absolute trash throughout his career outside of Waller and Cooper who is clearly a complimentary piece who can't get it done on his own.

Both D's have been disasters but the Lions have had greater talent on the D side of the ball than the Raiders with players like Suh, Slay, Ziggy, Fairley, Ngata to name a few.  We have had nothing but garbage outside of Mack.  

LOL incorrect. Latavius Murray 1066 yards in 2015

Edited by bucksavage1

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

LOL incorrect. Latavius Murray 1066 yards in 2015

Haha Ok you got me, I'm going off the top of my head.  I'm not looking up stats.

I just guessed none of the bums we had could reach 1k but good ol' Murray managed to with a 4.0 YPC.  He's pretty much a bum...

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Latavius Murray in 2015 went over 1,000. In 2016, the Raiders had the 6th best running game. 

Amari Cooper is better than any of the weapons you listed for Stafford other than Megatron. Eric Ebron was a massive bust idk why you even put him in there. 

Both Defenses have been disasters. That's all that matters

Staff > Carr. 

4 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Latavius Murray in 2015 went over 1,000. In 2016, the Raiders had the 6th best running game. 

Amari Cooper is better than any of the weapons you listed for Stafford other than Megatron. Eric Ebron was a massive bust idk why you even put him in there. 

Both Defenses have been disasters. That's all that matters

Staff > Carr. 

Cooper is not better a better WR than Golliday and also look at the overall list of weapons Stafford has had. 

Show me a list of the weapons Carr has had to throw to throughout his career?

Where would you list Stafford compared to Carr on your list of QB's in the NFL?

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I never said Cooper sucks, what I did say is that he is not an elite #1 who was over-drafted.  Get your facts straight.

Where do you have Stafford ranked and where do you have Carr ranked in terms of QB's in the NFL and what aare you basing that off of?  Is it that Stafford has a sub .500 career winning percentage or has thrown over 30 TD's once in his last 9 seasons?

What is Carr's trade value according to you?

Maybe I am nit picking here but you would say Cooper was not a #1 WR.  He needs to get better to be an elite #1 I will agree with.  I was one of the biggest supporters of Cooper.  You would say there are only a handful of #1 WRs in the league.  I agree with this statement about Cooper the same way I would say Carr is a starting QB but not an elite starting QB.

9 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Maybe I am nit picking here but you would say Cooper was not a #1 WR.  He needs to get better to be an elite #1 I will agree with.  I was one of the biggest supporters of Cooper.  You would say there are only a handful of #1 WRs in the league.  I agree with this statement about Cooper the same way I would say Carr is a starting QB but not an elite starting QB.

How many eilte QB's are in the NFL and care to list your current top 10 in order?

23 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

How many eilte QB's are in the NFL and care to list your current top 10 in order?

Don't take the bait @drfrey13

He really doesn't care.... just wants to call you a stooge and tell you how you don't know football, the game or the business. 

There is a famous Mark Twain quote that applies to him.

11 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Lol can't be serious

I don't think you can really compare the two players.  We really don't know who's better because they don't play with the same coaches, rosters, nothing.  Only things you can compare is age and cap.  DC is younger and paid 5M less per season.  I would prefer rolling with DC just based upon those two metrics.  I think Stafford will succeed because the Rams' roster is clearly built to go on a run.

39 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree that there are only a handful of elite #1 WRs.  The point I was making is in the past you would not say Cooper was even a #1 WR.  I would not say he is in the upper echelon either.  I was fine trading him as soon as I heard he was going to get $20 million a year.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, Allen, Watson, Jackson, Tannehill, Murray, Roethlisberger.  No order really, would obviously put the first players listed near the top and the later listed players closer to 10th.  Just wanted to do this because I enjoy it.