Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I'm saying you either lost four 1st's, or you lost Derek Carr and two 1st's. You can't say we lost "Derek Carr and four 1sts." You were never in possession of Derek Carr and four 1sts. You were either in possession of the two 1st's, or in possession of Derek Carr. You were never, at any point, in possession of both.

So we trade DC for two firsts.  We have the other teams 2 firsts that we got for DC and then we have our own 2 first round picks.  Altogether that is 4 picks.  Then we take those 4 picks (2 from other team, 2 LV first round picks), and then trade those and the 2nd to the other team.  So we gave away DC, then we gave away those 4 picks to the other team.  You say we don't ever have possession of them but hypothetically we can make the trade with one team first to get rid of DC, accumulate a total of 4 first round picks over the next 2 years, and then trade those to the Texans.  So yeah, hypothetically we could be in possession of 4 picks.  How are we not giving away both DC to one team and 4 first round picks to another?  Those 2 picks we gave up for DC could've hypothetically just went to the Raiders.  

It's whatever man I really don't care to argue this.  It's a waste of time.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

So we trade DC for two firsts.  We have the other teams 2 firsts that we got for DC and then we have our own 2 first round picks.  Altogether that is 4 picks.  Then we take those 4 picks (2 from other team, 2 LV first round picks), and then trade those and the 2nd to the other team.  So we gave away DC, then we gave away those 4 picks to the other team.  You say we don't ever have possession of them but hypothetically we can make the trade with one team first to get rid of DC, accumulate a total of 4 first round picks over the next 2 years, and then trade those to the Texans.  So yeah, hypothetically we could be in possession of 4 picks.  How are we not giving away both DC to one team and 4 first round picks to another?  Those 2 picks we gave up for DC could've hypothetically just went to the Raiders.  

It's whatever man I really don't care to argue this.  It's a waste of time.

Because you exchanged Carr for two 1sts. You have to think of Carr and two 1sts as the same thing. You never have both at the same time. Therefore, you are not losing Carr and four 1sts. You are either losing Carr and two 1sts, or four 1sts, however way you want to look at it. 

For example, if you traded Cooper for a 1st, and traded a 1st for, let’s say, Stafford, did you lose both Cooper and a 1st? No, you only lost the 1st. You already exchanged Cooper for a 1st. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Because you exchanged Carr for two 1sts. You have to think of Carr and two 1sts as the same thing. You never have both at the same time. Therefore, you are not losing Carr and four 1sts. You are either losing Carr and two 1sts, or four 1sts, however way you want to look at it. 

For example, if you traded Cooper for a 1st, and traded a 1st for, let’s say, Stafford, did you lose both Cooper and a 1st? No, you only lost the 1st. You already exchanged Cooper for a 1st. 

I don't care to talk about this anymore.  Thanks.

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

An analogy here: If you transfer your $10,000 USD to 1 Bitcoin, and lose that Bitcoin, are you losing $10,000 USD and 1 Bitcoin? No. That would mean, you have $20,000 USD. You either lost 1 Bitcoin or $10,000 USD. So what you say makes no sense @Jerry

nah youd have lost close to $40,000 🤣 
btc pumpppingg lately haha

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

https://www.raidersbeat.com/raiders-have-reportedly-discussed-contract-extension-with-derek-carr/

So some are saying it's the Raiders leaking the trade rumors and some are saying it's his agent.

This doesn't make sense.  Why would Bonsignore or whatever put his credibility on the line with the franchise that he solely reports on?  If I were a reporter I would never put the eggs of my career into an agents basket.  Sorry, not buying this one.  

2 minutes ago, Totty said:

This doesn't make sense.  Why would Bonsignore or whatever put his credibility on the line with the franchise that he solely reports on?  If I were a reporter I would never put the eggs of my career into an agents basket.  Sorry, not buying this one.  

I don't think credibility matters all that much. As long as people are reading his articles, the guys writing his paychecks are happy.

Just now, oakdb36 said:

I don't think credibility matters all that much. As long as people are reading his articles, the guys writing his paychecks are happy.

It does to the franchise.  Listen, its one thing to have the team put out a faux story.  Its entirely different to buck the team by putting out an agents story.  When it comes down to it, he is a LV sports reporter.  Not a sports agent reporter.  

I am not saying its true or false, I am just saying I don't buy into it for the reason I posted.

Just now, Totty said:

It does to the franchise.  Listen, its one thing to have the team put out a faux story.  Its entirely different to buck the team by putting out an agents story.  When it comes down to it, he is a LV sports reporter.  Not a sports agent reporter.  

I am not saying its true or false, I am just saying I don't buy into it for the reason I posted.

Yes but he's not working for the franchise, is he?

4 minutes ago, Totty said:

Not directly, but agents change.  That is why I don't see his alignment to the agent over the franchise.  

I know what you mean but i don't see it as an alignment. It's just content to write about, which is his job. I don't think he's limited or should be when it comes to the sources for his content.

But now, i totally respect what you would believe or not.

Edited by oakdb36
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

https://www.raidersbeat.com/raiders-have-reportedly-discussed-contract-extension-with-derek-carr/

So some are saying it's the Raiders leaking the trade rumors and some are saying it's his agent.

How does tax affect traded players? Could the Raiders be doing Carr a solid here lol Very hypothetical 
but say, we are trading Carr for 2 to the bears to package for Watson. 

Can we sign Carr to a contract that the bears agree with, so he can file in nevada with no taxes instead of Illinois? at least the signing bonus? Although that would prob create a ton of dead money for us?