DP8017's The Gold Standard Mock

Dawgpoun8017

So far the season has gone about as well as one could hope for given some of the circumstances that we have dealt with such as injuries, COVID and a new coaching staff/system on both sides of the ball

shLNaU.gif

OblongShallowCottontail-size_restricted.

Free Agency

1. Extend Wyatt Teller- maybe it is just the system meshing well with a player or maybe we actually finally got lucky with a player doesn't really matter Teller has been outstanding this season, one of if not the best guard in the NFL.

f5giutaat1ye2icfgsio.jpg

Resign Larry Ogunjobi-  Larry has not had the greatest year I know but the talent is still there, and he is still getting a push, I feel he will be able to be signed to a team friendly deal, that will be beneficial to both sides

chcnlsqcqngyp17kbkho.jpg

Sign Lavonte David

81zGCCN-pPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Restructure Sheldon Richardson 

v5v7pt0ghtoqftxmoonc.png

Resign Hollywood Higgins

XDP7RU2YGRAIFAA2IXLOKLAUGA.JPG

Trade- OBJ traded to the Packers for 2nd Round Pick

Draft

1.) Rashod Bateman-WR- Minnesota

FOOTBALL-Noah-Frick-Alofs-5201.jpg

*TRADE* 3rd round pick, 4th Round Pick, 2021 Pick to New England for 2nd*

2.)Nick Bolton-LB- Mizzou

5bc2bc4eb887d.image.jpg?crop=824,824,100

2b.) Carlos"Boogie" Basham Jr.-DE- Wake Forest

maxresdefault.jpg

2c.) Jevon Holland- Safety- Oregon

Holland_Defense_WASH18_EE_2_.JPG

3.) Israel Mukuamu- CB- South Carolina

9473390.jpg

4.) Trill Williams-DB/NCB-Syracuse

10010927.jpg

5.) Phidarian Mathis- DT- Alabama

1606769759_Phidarian-Mathis_gs_t1070_h71

6.) Rakeem Boyd-RB- Arkansas

AN_UA_PORT_FB_022_r600x400.jpg?689b03237

7.) Tamorrion Terry-WR- Florida State

USATSI_13393717_168386999_lowres.jpg

Well there my mock if you dont like it

TartBoilingDrever-size_restricted.gif

New trending GIF tagged entourage ari gold jeremy… | Trending Gifs

Edited by Dawgpoun8017
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

A fan of all of the moves but Bateman with a 1st.  Mainly because I think OBJ getting moved is unlikely and why move OBJ just to spend a 1st on another WR.

My mock draft looks like thi

Rounds 1-7 = DL/CB/LB

because based off of how I see the draft going, I did not see a defensive player that I would have rated higher than bateman, imo Bateman is alot like AJ Brown and would come much cheaper than OBJ, I also think that Baker would mesh well with a receiver like bateman,  he is a taller receiver who runs good routes and has good hands. at that point I dont see any D-Lineman available that I would take over Bateman, as far as corners the only one who I could possibly see being available at where we are slotted right now is Jaycee Horn whom I dont believe will be there, I am more looking at adding impact players regardless of positiion

• Like 2

Truly the gold standard of mock drafts. If we are indeed shipping out OBJ, and GB makes a lot of sense, I would be happy with this draft.

Bateman is gonna be a great pro. Him wearing #13 in Cleveland may perturb Landry, though 😅.

Basham's more likely to be available here and he'd be solid value as a traditional 4-3 LDE. Quality pick.

Bolton is just what we need. He may be there at that position, as it's a great LB draft and he's not huge, but I'm on board. I'd rather trade our late third and future second for NE's second, rather than sacrificing three picks for one. @LETSGOBROWNIES would be rolling over in his grave if he were still alive to witness a three-for-one trade-up.

Holland would be nice here, assuming he is all healed from his injury. This is gonna be quite a fine safety draft, so he may be there. His ball skills are insane, and he has a nose for jumping routes. Also, we might squeeze a fourth or fifth out of GB to go with that late second (v2.0 has already been brung?).

Fun fact: there are six plays on Mukuamu's highlight reel and all six are bad plays by Mukuamu; he is just fortunate they went his way. This is my only spot I'd clearly like someone else. Give me BPA of DT/DE/CB (though I like Trill a lot and would be fine with just him if we love a DE or DT at Mukuamu's spot). If Darius Stills is there, come to Papa. 

Trill be Trillin' 👌👍🔥.

Haven't really watched Mathis, though this seems like good value for a somewhat-touted Alabama defensive player.

Boyd would be perfect there.

Terry would go nicely as another big target; however, I'd be surprised if he made it that far.

Great work.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

because based off of how I see the draft going, I did not see a defensive player that I would have rated higher than bateman, imo Bateman is alot like AJ Brown and would come much cheaper than OBJ, I also think that Baker would mesh well with a receiver like bateman,  he is a taller receiver who runs good routes and has good hands. at that point I dont see any D-Lineman available that I would take over Bateman, as far as corners the only one who I could possibly see being available at where we are slotted right now is Jaycee Horn whom I dont believe will be there, I am more looking at adding impact players regardless of positiion

Interesting, but yeah I just don't know when I look at this defense that I can get fully on board with a WR in round 1. Come draft/combine there will be somebody there in the back half of the 1st the Browns could use.

Bateman is a great WR but knowing that the Browns only want to throw the ball 25x per game doesn't give me confidence they will make that a top priority

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

why move OBJ just to spend a 1st on another WR.

Because his better days are behind him, his presence forces feeds that are not the better way for us to win, he costs a lot and because he is a diva/distraction?

My depth chart after draft

QB: Mayfield, Keenum

RB: Chubb, Hunt, Boyd

FB: Jano

TE1: Hooper

TE2: Bryant

LT: Wills

LG: Bitonio

C : Tretter

RG: Teller

RT: Conklin

WR1: Jarvis

WR2: Bateman

WR3: Hollywood

Defense

DE: Myles

DT: Larry

DT: Sheldon

DE: Boogie Basham

Will: Lavonte David

Mike: Bolton

Sam: Phillips

CB1: Ward

CB2:Greedy

FS: Delpit

SS: Harrison 

3rd Safety: Holland

Edited by Dawgpoun8017
  • Like 1

I really like this draft and FA. Bolton and Basham are draft crushes of mine for us this year. I would really like a CB early, since Greedy can't be counted on, and Ward seems to miss at least a quarter of the season every year. Bateman isn't a bad pick, though. I think he'd fit our offense pretty well. Are there any FA CBs we could potentially sign to a Karl Joseph type 1 yr deal as a stop gap?

3 hours ago, MarkPrice25 said:

I really like this draft and FA. Bolton and Basham are draft crushes of mine for us this year. I would really like a CB early, since Greedy can't be counted on, and Ward seems to miss at least a quarter of the season every year. Bateman isn't a bad pick, though. I think he'd fit our offense pretty well. Are there any FA CBs we could potentially sign to a Karl Joseph type 1 yr deal as a stop gap?

Maybe Brian Poole from the jets, Patrick Peterson though idk why he’d leave Arizona for a 1 year deal

14 hours ago, bruceb said:

Because his better days are behind him, his presence forces feeds that are not the better way for us to win, he costs a lot and because he is a diva/distraction?

Agree completely.

Maybe he’s still “that guy”, but I don’t see him being that guy here.  Baker is better when he can just make his reads and throw it. Having a guy who demands touches just throws him out of rhythm.

I’m not even saying it’s OBJ’s fault, but Baker obviously feels the need to feed him the ball, and he hasn’t produced accordingly.

Should OBJ work out?  Yeah, in theory.  But in reality it simply hasn’t.  I’d absolutely be fine moving him for the right price and building upon what this team actually does well and needs.