Titans suspend OT Isaiah Wilson

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Did they just not care about interviews/dig into his personality and past at all or what? 

i mean, did he have any character concerns pre-NFL? would be the first i've heard of it. i didn't love the pick from a football standpoint but he seemed like a pretty friendly, normal dude at the outset. his press conferences at the combine were good. no idea what's up with him now though. i think at this point you just have to cut your losses and hope for his sake that he figures it out with another team, because this is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i mean, did he have any character concerns pre-NFL? would be the first i've heard of it. i didn't love the pick from a football standpoint but he seemed like a pretty friendly, normal dude at the outset. his press conferences at the combine were good. no idea what's up with him now though. i think at this point you just have to cut your losses and hope for his sake that he figures it out with another team, because this is ridiculous.

Didn't he have some outlier fact about him that made him a very unusual selection with the first round pick? It was a physical trait not a personality issue.

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Yeah I mean it's different for us compared to the info teams should have though. Teams talk to friends/coaches/etc. dating way back to HS and stuff. Just seems odd this dude appears to have such little interest in football/the NFL and could care less about the optics of his decisions yet a team didn't have an inkling this could be an issue.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah I mean it's different for us compared to the info teams should have though. Teams talk to friends/coaches/etc. dating way back to HS and stuff. Just seems odd this dude appears to have such little interest in football/the NFL and could care less about the optics of his decisions yet a team didn't have an inkling this could be an issue.

we have a pretty decent track record of drafting high effort culture fits, even the guys with spotty backgrounds like lewan and simmons. i think we just flat-out missed on this one for whatever reason. maybe they thought they could deal with something and were wrong, but maybe he was just fine at georgia and has gone off the rails since being drafted.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

we have a pretty decent track record of drafting high effort culture fits, even the guys with spotty backgrounds like lewan and simmons. i think we just flat-out missed on this one for whatever reason. maybe they thought they could deal with something and were wrong, but maybe he was just fine at georgia and has gone off the rails since being drafted.

any word on what he did? If nothing serious, seems very drastic to give up on a guy after a year.

33 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

I recall maturity being an issue with him.

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

well, it's not just this. it's basically been a stream of stuff all year

outside of the DUI, which speaks for itself, theres nothing that says immediate cut to me, Maturity problems and not being safe with covid, sure. Not putting football first, again sure. DUIs are bad and should be treated very seriously but I think there may be more of a mindset issue here rather than consistent law breaker.

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

outside of the DUI, which speaks for itself, theres nothing that says immediate cut to me, Maturity problems and not being safe with covid, sure. Not putting football first, again sure. DUIs are bad and should be treated very seriously but I think there may be more of a mindset issue here rather than consistent law breaker.

i don't think he's a bad person but he's clearly got some issues and if nothing has worked as a wake-up call so far then i question what other steps can be taken than cutting him and giving him a fresh start with some other team. maybe we'll keep him at least for next season, we'll see, but i can't imagine it if this continues. i hope for his sake he figures his stuff out but i don't expect much more from him as a titan.