Odell Beckham Officialy out for the season.

SpanosPayYourRent

Odell Beckham Jr. Is now officialy out for the season with a fractured ankle, he of course got the injury during the chargers game along with Marshall and Shepard. The Giants will take a massive hit and probably go 4-12 hopefully not worse than that. Unsure of Brandon Marshalls ecovery time but hopefully Odell will recover well.

With the Giants likely on the road to a top 10 pick....perhaps even top 5 if they cant fix some things....they will at least be in position to draft Eli's replacement.

The real question I have is, in a season that they clearly went into with so much hope, if they were to finish 4-12, is McAdoo at risk of being canned?   Im not in favor of firing pretty much any coach after one year, but he didnt take over a rebuilding team....he took over a win now team with a franchise QB and a team that spent huge money to be contenders, and they are 0-5 right now.     I have to wonder how long he will last, because I dont think things are going to be any easier for the Giants next year unless they find themselves a Dashaun Watson-esque rookie who can have an amazing rookie year.   Not impossible, but unlikely.  

Giants just can't catch a break. Arguably the most valuable piece to an offense in the entire league.. and even when the Giants O has been healthy, they have looked bad. Could be a pretty awful offensive year all around for the Giants.

Sucks, like I said in another thread, the league is better when he’s balling.

This doesn’t really do anything for the Giants, though. They’re not going anywhere this year, so having him good to go for next year is important. I doubt this even effects his contract negotiations.

14 hours ago, RaiderX said:

They are missing Cough now.

Why? They failed to make the playoffs in his final four seasons and him being head coach wouldn't have changed this.

And yes, the Giants need a full-blown rebuild. It was a Super Bowl or bust season and the current regime failed miserably. They will need a new GM, HC and QB.

12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Has Treadwell already been made disposable?

He was benched for Michael Floyd if I recall. That said, he's inching towards bust status. His speed concerns coming out have not proven wrong. He can't get separation on his routes.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

He was benched for Michael Floyd if I recall. That said, he's inching towards bust status. His speed concerns coming out have not proven wrong. He can't get separation on his routes.

To clarify some of this, he has actually been getting open fairly often, but so are Diggs/Thielen and those are going to be the top to looks for any QB.

He is a great blocker at WR and he's not going to be a dynamic run down the field WR, but he has looked a lot better this year though the numbers haven't shown it.

Though he still has a long ways to go before you'd want him as more than your 3rd/4th WR.

Archived