2020 Coaching Carousel Thread

JammerHammer21

34 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Does Ryan Day running his mouth about the playoff in that leaked locker room video count the same if he doesn't win?

I don't understand how it's running his mouth. What is he supposed to say?

“I don’t care if it’s against Clemson, against Bama, or against Notre Dame, we’re gonna get our ***** beat, I promise you,” Day said. “Just give us that one chance. And we don’t have to beat them 10 times, we don’t have to beat them 20 times, we got to beat them how many times? It doesn't matter, because we're never going to beat them. You’re one game away from watching two other teams play in the national [expletive] championship.”

13 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I don't understand how it's running his mouth. What is he supposed to say?

“I don’t care if it’s against Clemson, against Bama, or against Notre Dame, we’re gonna get our ***** beat, I promise you,” Day said. “Just give us that one chance. And we don’t have to beat them 10 times, we don’t have to beat them 20 times, we got to beat them how many times? It doesn't matter, because we're never going to beat them. You’re one game away from watching two other teams play in the national [expletive] championship.”

No, but it's about all this stupid bulletin board material where anything somebody says that get leaked to the public from a private setting is suddenly the most egregious thing ever. I don't really have an issue with Day saying that to his team, but given what happens when Harbaugh says anything, the standard that you can only possibly say something if you're good is annoying. And I guarantee that the words won't come back to bite the same way they would for other coaches if they don't win.

Edited by JammerHammer21

15 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

No, but it's about all this stupid bulletin board material where anything somebody says that get leaked to the public from a private setting is suddenly the most egregious thing ever. I don't really have an issue with Day saying that to his team, but given what happens when Harbaugh says anything, the standard that you can only possibly say something if you're good is annoying. And I guarantee that the words won't come back to bite the same way they would for other coaches if they don't win.

Well, Jim Harbaugh is a jackass. There's plenty of other coaches who say things and it doesn't come back to bite them. It only comes back to Harbaugh (which I don't know if I agree with) because he has a reputation as a jackass. 

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Does anybody have Harbaugh's number? I want to call him to let him know about a brilliant DC named Todd Grantham. He's truly revolutionary. He has this incredible system that lets the offense wear itself out by allowing them so much space to run free. It's like letting a boxer punch himself out. 

Then you guys can finally hire Bo Pelini.

11 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

No, but it's about all this stupid bulletin board material where anything somebody says that get leaked to the public from a private setting is suddenly the most egregious thing ever

When has something said in a private meeting with Harbs get leaked to the public? Pretty sure everything dumb Harbs has said, was said during interviews. Where he was with others around the media. Day was clearly a coach addressing his team in the locker room. 

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

When has something said in a private meeting with Harbs get leaked to the public? Pretty sure everything dumb Harbs has said, was said during interviews. Where he was with others around the media. Day was clearly a coach addressing his team in the locker room. 

The supposed comment from Harbaugh to/about Day was a private call that got leaked lol

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I like the Harsin hire for Auburn.

It will take him some time cleaning up the roster though.

Why? He has applied and interviewed for every job in the PAC-12 that’s come open and hasn’t been hired. He has a pretty good record at Boise but not as good as the coaches before him. His players don’t like him. Boise was okay with him going (and he’s from there). He’s not a recruiting master or genius coach, he’s just okay at both. I don’t see how this ends up well for Auburn.