2020 Coaching Carousel Thread

JammerHammer21

1 minute ago, JammerHammer21 said:

tbh, I watched it and thought there is no one that will have Michigan competing with OSU

Not even that But the stat they showed. I can’t remember the time frame but they said tOSU was 10-5 as underdogs. 

Michigan needs to get a coach, who can actually out coach an opposing staff. Ryan Day just torched one of the best DCs in the game. 

Harbs hasn’t shown that ability at all. He had been the one getting out coached

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Not even that But the stat they showed. I can’t remember the time frame but they said tOSU was 10-5 as underdogs. 

Michigan needs to get a coach, who can actually out coach an opposing staff. Ryan Day just torched one of the best DCs in the game. 

Harbs hasn’t shown that ability at all. He had been the one getting out coached

I mean, Ryan Day is pretty clearly one of the best coaches in the game right now. There's no Ryan Day to be hired. Matt Campbell does not qualify either.

13 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

I mean, Ryan Day is pretty clearly one of the best coaches in the game right now. There's no Ryan Day to be hired. Matt Campbell does not qualify either.

How does Campbell not qualify?

• Iowa State has beaten every single other Big 12 team during Matt Campbell’s tenure.
  • Campbell has won 8 times as an underdog (Harbaugh has won as an underdog once at Michigan).
  • Campbell has won Big 12 coach of the year twice.
  • Since 2017, Iowa State has more ranked wins than Michigan, Florida, Penn State, and Wisconsin.
  • Has beaten a ranked Oklahoma team twice.
  • 3-3 against top 10 teams.
  • 7-12 against top 25 teams.

It be great to see him recruit when he doesnt have a recruiting budget to worry about.

There is no Ryan Day to be hired, he was groomed and molded by Urbz. tOSU got pretty lucky there.

Campbell could be a Jim Tressel kind of coach for Michigan, or would have been. Tressell wasnt the super sexy pick but he was having results like Campbell at the FCS level

Its not like Campbell is doing this at a small time FBS school  like Herman at Houston. Campbell has had success at the G5 level and now the P5 level. Campbell would be the coach to take a risk on.

Im just surprised that Texas didnt try and make a run at him

• Like 1