Clowney to have season ending knee surgery

candyman93

it’s insane that we’re 8-3 after such a disaster of an offseason. undoubtedly jon robinson’s worst- literally no contribution from our draft class and almost as bad from our FAs. a little frustrating to know that we could’ve been better with a good offseason.

5 hours ago, -Hope- said:

it’s insane that we’re 8-3 after such a disaster of an offseason. undoubtedly jon robinson’s worst- literally no contribution from our draft class and almost as bad from our FAs. a little frustrating to know that we could’ve been better with a good offseason.

I feel like the biggest mistake of the Titans offseason was actually declining the 5th year option on Corey Davis. How was that decision taken at the time by Titans fans? Honestly not trolling, I've just been a fan of his since he was a prospect.

13 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I feel like the biggest mistake of the Titans offseason was actually declining the 5th year option on Corey Davis. How was that decision taken at the time by Titans fans? Honestly not trolling, I've just been a fan of his since he was a prospect.

I wouldn’t call it a mistake yet. He’s in a contract year. If he keeps playing like this after he gets paid then sure.

6 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I wish we had, but it was also something like $15.68 million for his 5th year tag. He'd shown flashes, but hard to justify that kind of chunk of change. I certainly hope we lock him up longer and keep the Davis-Brown pairing long term with Tannehill and Henry as the main focal points (Jonnu Smith being the other primary weapon).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Split the Sticks said:

Clowney is one of my favorites. Texans should never let him go, but that is water under the bridge

Meh. Clowney is not that good, IMO.  You can find much better player at a cheaper rate.  I think the Texans made the right choice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

Clowney is one of my favorites. Texans should never let him go, but that is water under the bridge

Why? If anything, Clowney's Texans' tenure is exactly why you don't pay him long term.

To make a cross sport comparison, Clowney is Dwight Howard - he's an athletic marvel with the toolset to be an all time great at whatever position he's at, but he lacks the motor and conviction to use all of those tools to their maximum potential. He's more interested in goofing off and having fun with his friends than playing football - he's not putting in the work to become a better player, and that shows in his overall output.

By now, Clowney should have had a season that could compared with other elite guys - he simply hasn't done that yet, and I'm pretty sure he'll never have that season. His head and heart aren't where they need to be.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Why? If anything, Clowney's Texans' tenure is exactly why you don't pay him long term.

To make a cross sport comparison, Clowney is Dwight Howard - he's an athletic marvel with the toolset to be an all time great at whatever position he's at, but he lacks the motor and conviction to use all of those tools to their maximum potential. He's more interested in goofing off and having fun with his friends than playing football - he's not putting in the work to become a better player, and that shows in his overall output.

By now, Clowney should have had a season that could compared with other elite guys - he simply hasn't done that yet, and I'm pretty sure he'll never have that season. His head and heart aren't where they need to be.

I mean Dwight Howard is a hall of famer so he is an all time great and at one point was one of the 5 best players in the NBA. Clowney was never in the discussion for best players at his position. He's Leonard Williams without the likable personality. 

• Like 2