Jump to content

Week 13 - GDT - Saints (9-2) @ Falcons (4-7)


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Also Kwon Alexander, bloody hell what a pick up. He’s really elevated our LBers to another level, and made Davis play better too. Cost us Alonso.

Who?  I know not this person you speak of.  There is, was, and only has been Kwon.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

You guys remember when we had Stephone Antony give up 18 yards per target when he dropped into 'coverage'? Damn talk about a reverse in our fortunes.

Wasn't he so bad in coverage that QBs had a higher QBR when throwing at him than they did throwing to a wide open WR?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Raves said:

Wasn't he so bad in coverage that QBs had a higher QBR when throwing at him than they did throwing to a wide open WR?

That's him. We've had bad players before, but there are certain players in positions who define how poor we've been in the past. He's the Jason David of the LB spot.

Cannot believe we spent a 1st round pick on a potential STer. Couldn't play the run. Definitely couldn't play the pass. So horrible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

That's him. We've had bad players before, but there are certain players in positions who define how poor we've been in the past. He's the Jason David of the LB spot.

Cannot believe we spent a 1st round pick on a potential STer. Couldn't play the run. Definitely couldn't play the pass. So horrible.

Always be remembered as the first player to score 2 points on a defensive conversion 😄 Kudos to the people in charge that have brought in personnel over the last few years. The only problem with having lots of good players is that you can't keep them together for long so you better make the most of it! Here's hoping 🤞

Edited by Fray32
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

Always be remembered as the first player to score 2 points on a defensive conversion 😄 Kudos to the people in charge that have brought in personnel over the last few years. The only problem with having lots of good players is that you can't keep them together for long so you better make the most of it! Here's hoping 🤞

Maybe we can keep getting lucky in bringing in more talented players on rookie contracts.  Also although Ruiz hasn't made an impact this year like we might've hoped from our 1st round pick, Patrick Queen, who we all wanted, has been rated the worst linebacker in the NFL so far this year by PFF.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Raves said:

Maybe we can keep getting lucky in bringing in more talented players on rookie contracts.  Also although Ruiz hasn't made an impact this year like we might've hoped from our 1st round pick, Patrick Queen, who we all wanted, has been rated the worst linebacker in the NFL so far this year by PFF.

Reminds me of how we wanted/almost drafted Reuben Foster and fortunately John Lynch sniped him from us. Though he probably would've been a worthwhile player if not for his issues. And how close, reportedly, were we to snagging Mahomes too? Our scouting has been doing a hell of a job especially considering Sean Payton's abject hatred for late round picks/having more than 5 draft selections per year 😅

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fray32 said:

Reminds me of how we wanted/almost drafted Reuben Foster and fortunately John Lynch sniped him from us. Though he probably would've been a worthwhile player if not for his issues. And how close, reportedly, were we to snagging Mahomes too? Our scouting has been doing a hell of a job especially considering Sean Payton's abject hatred for late round picks/having more than 5 draft selections per year 😅

Some of our best finds were 5th round/later picks or UDFAs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...