BDL 2020 Week 12 - Ivory Coast Black Rhinos @ Rome Eternals

Ragnarok

Who wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Ivory Coast Black Rhinos
    • Rome Eternals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2020 at 05:00 AM

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

*sees a bunch of replies in a game thread*

*sees it's a Rome game thread*

*nods unsurprisingly*

Believe it or not there's no actual veal in this one. Just asking some clarifying things that don't make sense in my brain 👍👍

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Second question how are your ends holding the edges if you're running a bunch of stunts and twists? Ps thanks for moving them into the interior of my line often.  Will help with the roll outs and moving the pocket 

Yeah, looks like I wasn't clear on the stunts and twists - those were intended for the interior DL, but I didn't make that clear. As far as roll outs, by all means, try rolling out against Mack / Garrett / Young.

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yeah, looks like I wasn't clear on the stunts and twists - those were intended for the interior DL, but I didn't make that clear. As far as roll outs, by all means, try rolling out against Mack / Garrett / Young.

Okie dokie.  While I disagree with some things like starting a dude who never has played guard in his life at guard and mostly man coverage looking at the wr /CB difference in talent imo it should be a fun match up. Good luck buddy! 

• Like 1

To me, 4/5 of the IC line is still good, and going against a majority of a 3 man front of run stoppers with some occasional blitzing actually eases the pressure that having Wagner in there will cause. I think the bootlegs and RB's staying in on pass pro will help too. Looks like bcb was on the same train of thought with trying to avoid the rush.

I think both sides have the edge in talent when it comes to their WR corps vs the opponents DB's. They counter each other well. Looks like Rome was expecting heavy zone play from IC, so good move on IC to change some things up. 

I think IC is a slightly more balanced team, I think in the end without a legit rushing attack (I think Lindsay is more of a scat guy, I know bcb is banged up there) Herbert will struggle a little bit and give IC the edge.

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

To me, 4/5 of the IC line is still good, and going against a majority of a 3 man front of run stoppers with some occasional blitzing actually eases the pressure that having Wagner in there will cause. I think the bootlegs and RB's staying in on pass pro will help too. Looks like bcb was on the same train of thought with trying to avoid the rush.

I think both sides have the edge in talent when it comes to their WR corps vs the opponents DB's. They counter each other well. Looks like Rome was expecting heavy zone play from IC, so good move on IC to change some things up. 

I think IC is a slightly more balanced team, I think in the end without a legit rushing attack (I think Lindsay is more of a scat guy, I know bcb is banged up there) Herbert will struggle a little bit and give IC the edge.

It's more than occasional blitzing. Sending five most plays 

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

It's more than occasional blitzing. Sending five most plays 

Curious, where does it say that? You mention bringing 1 to 3 linebackers on blitzes, but at least to me it's not clear how often that is going to happen, nor that two blitzers will be happening most plays.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Allows us to shoot gaps (plural) with a variety of players (plural). I guess I could have put a percent in. Shrug.   

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

The idea was we could blitz five but it could be any two of the non mlb and Harmon from the interior 

This last sentence is a lot clearer. 

• Like 1

This is a tough game to decide. I liked both gameplans though I think Rome’s idea to only bring a traditional 4 man rush is a bit risky. Blitzes could work and lead to success but once IC counters, that gives them a good chance to find success targeting McLaurin. I could see Claypool and Anderson having modest success, moreso Robby with Humphrey on the former.

On offense for Rome, they do have opportunities for success but this is one of the few pass rushes that can win with 4. I see Ramzyk playing well but when that pass rush trio comes together, it’s hard not seeing Herbert rattled.

I see a back and forth game that goes into overtime, and in an upset the Rome defense forces a turnover that gets them a short field and eventually the game winner. 27-24.