The Good, the Bad the WHAT JUST HAPPENED vs. the Jets

RaidersAreOne

I just hate how we forget how to play on offense with a two score lead. We should have won by 3+ possessions. 

a win is a win, but today’s showing on top of last weeks is concerning. We need to play with more heart 

great to see Ferrell with two big strip sacks, he looked like a #4 overall pick a couple times today. 

loved to see Ruggs bounce back after a rough game up to that point. 

Edited by Geezy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That's not cover 0 though is it? Looks like at least one deep safety to me........ The safety he points at drops deep but picks up Renfrow in the middle if the field or am I not understanding??

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

That's not cover 0 though is it? Looks like at least one deep safety to me........ The safety he points at drops deep but picks up Renfrow in the middle if the field or am I not understanding??

That safety was already set to man coverage on Renfrow,  just playing off and disguised, since they sent the Nickel CB on a blitz instead of covering Renfrow. There was no safety set to deep zone coverage or even hook coverage. By definition, that is a Cover 0. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

That safety was already set to man coverage on Renfrow,  just playing off and disguised, since they sent the Nickel CB on a blitz instead of covering Renfrow. There was no safety set to deep zone coverage or even hook coverage. By definition, that is a Cover 0. 

Ah, ok because the slot CB blitzed and the safety then picked up the deep route 👍 

IDC if they tanked.  IDC if they didn't.  A W is a W.  We didn't earn it.  We should have lost.  

All that out of the way... My biggest take away to that final play for our offense was that Carr trusted Ruggs in the most pivotal moment of the game and he came through after a bad game.  That is the kind of growth I like to see from both of them.  Did Derek have a great game? No.  Nor did Henry.  But we won.  Grit when you need it the most because you jacked off for 3.95 quarters.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

I don't even want this win, they should have just put us out of our misery, so we can stop pretending that Gruden is a good coach, sure the continuity is good for Carr, but these last 3 years could have been spent with a more innovative coach instead of a retread.

You're saying this now, but if we somehow end up in the playoffs and make a deep run then this post is going to sound stupid.  Who cares how we get to the playoffs, we just need to get there and shock the world.  I'm tired of not being in the playoffs man, all I want is one dang playoff win (at least).

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jerry said:

You're saying this now, but if we somehow end up in the playoffs and make a deep run then this post is going to sound stupid.  Who cares how we get to the playoffs, we just need to get there and shock the world.  I'm tired of not being in the playoffs man, all I want is one dang playoff win (at least).

I'm convinced if we scrape into the playoffs and draw Pittsburgh that we'll turn them over in their own backyard. Its been that kind of year and I just have a feeling in my waters 😀

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I just hate how we forget how to play on offense with a two score lead. We should have won by 3+ possessions. 

a win is a win, but today’s showing on top of last weeks is concerning. We need to play with my heart 

great to see Ferrell with two big strip sacks, he looked like a #4 overall pick a couple times today. 

loved to see Ruggs bounce back after a rough game up to that point. 

He did so by torching our LT, a player who had looked great this season. I think i saw him badly beat Becton 4 times. Pretty great showing for Ferrell.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Totty said:

IDC if they tanked.  IDC if they didn't.  A W is a W.  We didn't earn it.  We should have lost.  

All that out of the way... My biggest take away to that final play for our offense was that Carr trusted Ruggs in the most pivotal moment of the game and he came through after a bad game.  That is the kind of growth I like to see from both of them.  Did Derek have a great game? No.  Nor did Henry.  But we won.  Grit when you need it the most because you jacked off for 3.95 quarters.  

26 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I mean like I said before, I’ll take the W, and happily still try to get into the playoffs. You wanna give me a free win, I’ll take it. 

My only issue was some people acting like it was a legit win, and we somehow pulled off a clutch performance lol. 

18 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I'm convinced if we scrape into the playoffs and draw Pittsburgh that we'll turn them over in their own backyard. Its been that kind of year and I just have a feeling in my waters 😀

For playoff teams, I feel we match up best with Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Indy. We can hold our own against Kansas City, but I wouldn’t say it’s a good matchup. 

Neutral on Titans and Dolphins. Dolphins D matches up very, very well with our offense and their D is Top 10. 

I think the Bills is our worst matchup, and the Ravens is also a bad matchup. Bills Offense is built perfectly to move the ball on us, and their defense also matches up well. Ravens D is Top 5, and also have an offense that would move on us. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

For playoff teams, I feel we match up best with Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Indy. We can hold our own against Kansas City, but I wouldn’t say it’s a good matchup. 

Neutral on Titans and Dolphins. Dolphins D matches up very, very well with our offense and their D is Top 10. 

I think the Bills is our worst matchup, and the Ravens is also a bad matchup. Bills Offense is built perfectly to move the ball on us, and their defense also matches up well. Ravens D is Top 5, and also have an offense that would move on us. 

Clev and Pitts would be tough cause of weather, but I do agree they are teams we match up well against.

Tenn I think would stomp us, dont think we could stop Henry. 
Mia is a team like us, bipolar team 

Just now, BackinBlack said:

Clev and Pitts would be tough cause of weather, but I do agree they are teams we match up well against.

Tenn I think would stomp us, dont think we could stop Henry. 
Mia is a team like us, bipolar team 

Yeah I don't think we'd beat Tenn in a playoff game. I think it'd be close though, their defense really isn't good.

• Like 1