Would you trade for Jimmy G right now ?

bosko1616

If we could acquire Jimmy G for Houston’s 1st and 2nd would you do it ? 

Cons. 

Obvious loss of draft stock, Kizer Experiment over, price tag associated with a QB who has yet to start more then half a season. 

Pros

you have a well groomed QB of the future with all the necessary tools. You can go BPA in the draft or trade down. You can get him a half a season early to get him introduced the playbook. 

The Browns are 0-5.  They're not making the playoffs this year.  There's no reason to do this trade at this stage of the game.  Next year you're looking at a strong QB draft and a strong QB free agency that may include Jimmy G. 

It wouldn't be the worst move

Trade Houston's first see if he can acclimate himself and be successful 

If so franchise him, if not franchise him and trade him to the highest bidder to recoup picks unless he gets injured he'd still command a high price no matter how bad he would look here someone would be happy to trade for Tom Brady's backup

Irrelevant IMO as he isn't (and wasn't) available.

Unless the Pats want to gamble the next 10-12 years on Brady being able to play at a high level, injury free AND be able to draft someone better than Jimmy to eventually replace Brady, there's no way they move him.  Don't be shocked when he gets franchised this offseason. 

If they were going to trade him, they would have done so already.  They aren't letting him walk for a compensatory 3rd now.

Jimmy isn't an option moving forward imo.

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Irrelevant IMO as he isn't (and wasn't) available.

Unless the Pats want to gamble the next 10-12 years on Brady being able to play at a high level, injury free AND be able to draft someone better than Jimmy to eventually replace Brady, there's no way they move him.  Don't be shocked when he gets franchised this offseason. 

If they were going to trade him, they would have done so already.  They aren't letting him walk for a compensatory 3rd now.

Jimmy isn't an option moving forward imo.

This. New England will franchise him if they have to. Them trading Brissett only solidified that, IMO.

If we're going to acquire a QB next offseason, it'll most likely be via the draft or maybe Kirk Cousins, but I don't think he'd sign with us.

24 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think NE has to make a decision this off season whether they are going forward with Brady or Garoppolo. They likely won't be able to afford (under the cap) to keep both QBs which would total about 44 million.

I was thinking the same.  If he becomes a FA,  you absolutely throw the cash his way, and use your picks on other positions of need.

Why when we can try and sign him for free? If you were New England, would you tag your backup QB? AND if they do, they gotta pay him a ton of money to sit behind Brady. New England is in a tight spot with him. They can either move on from Brady right now to justify the money they would need to sign him with or they let him go. Browns can throw franchise cash his way, I doubt New England will match. Big question, huge pay day aside, is would you want to come to Cleveland? 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

This trade has the Browns written all over it.

Trade multiple high picks for a relatively unproven veteran QB with only 11 games left on his deal, who may be great (I actually love Jimmy), or may go in the tank during a season where you have started 0-5 and have ZERO chance of making the postseason.

Nope, we are 0 and 5, it would take at least 3 or 4 weeks for him to really get into the playbook, by then we would be 0 and 8 or 0 and 9, the season is lost either way.  At this point we just ride the storm out, hope for an amazing off season that does not see Jimmy fire everyone.  Next year, we have to go QB #1 overall (yes, we are there again).  With Houston's pick, either RB or WR depending on how the draft board looks, then with the first pick in round 2, we have to look for whichever we did not get with Houston's round 1.  Then with the other 2 picks in the 2nd, hopefully sure up our secondary a bit more.  Also, I believe a good OC has to be a priority in the off season as well.

Archived