Week 13 Post game: We ended Wentz's career

Norm

Greene is by far the biggest loss here because he was playing well and his loss means more Redmond, one of the worst players on our roster IMO. 

Ervin is meh at this point and hasn't done much since earlier in the season anyways (outside of the SF game). 

Winn is a depth loss, but should be replaceable with a street FA pickup (maybe Brice Price who just worked out for us) or Rush. 

Edited by packfanfb

17 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Greene is by far the biggest loss here because he was playing well and his loss means more Redmond, one of the worst players on our roster IMO. 

Ervin is meh at this point and hasn't done much since earlier in the season anyways (outside of the SF game). 

Winn is a depth loss, but should be replaceable with a street FA pickup (maybe Brice Price who just worked out for us) or Rush. 

Ibraheim Campbell is sitting on Indy's PS right now and I'd sure as hell rather see him than Redmond.

• Like 4

With Greene presumably done, here are the preferred options to "replace," in order: 

1. Go bigger and play Kamal Martin more. More 2 ILBs sets and just keep Martin on the field more often. 

2. Sign Ibraheim Campbell off of Indy's practice squad. Familiar player who knows our system. 

3. Play Redmond. The worst option, which is why it's certain to be the one Pettine goes with. 

On MVS I would like to see us get him the ball a bit earlier in games on a couple short tosses so he's involved. Yes he's a pro but waiting until the 3rd QT to toss him up a huge bomb when nothing else has been throw his way doens't seem to work. As much as I want to hate on him, get him a couple easy ones to build him up then hit him deep in the 3rd of 4th.

Scott may be hurt or not but he sure sucks and can't seem to hit anything when we need it. We need some help there anyone off the scrap heap.

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

With Greene presumably done, here are the preferred options to "replace," in order: 

1. Go bigger and play Kamal Martin more. More 2 ILBs sets and just keep Martin on the field more often. 

2. Sign Ibraheim Campbell off of Indy's practice squad. Familiar player who knows our system. 

3. Play Redmond. The worst option, which is why it's certain to be the one Pettine goes with. 

It's too bad we drafted that ILB who can't seem to play that position? What's his number oh yeah 42 we'd rather try him at OLB instead. I'd rather see more of Martin then a S in the box.

5 hours ago, Refugee said:

Past two weeks were about as bad as it gets on opposing offense.  Det in their dome will test us, and Car and Ten in the elements of Lambeau will definitely bring it on the ground.  We will get to see what we and our defense are made of before the postseason, that's for sure.

Thinking the same thing. I'm glad the D looked better, but 2 games against bad offenses don't make a trend.

I'm pushing the conspiracy theory that Pettine is playing the years long game of hiding his good stuff until the super bowl. Right guys??!?

Just now, Kepler said:

Thinking the same thing. I'm glad the D looked better, but 2 games against bad offenses don't make a trend.

I'm pushing the conspiracy theory that Pettine is playing the years long game of hiding his good stuff until the super bowl. Right guys??!?

No, Pettine is still the same guy. That 57 yard run against the Bears was classic Pettine.

The 10+ play drives against the eagles where there aren't any 20+yard gains but there are a bunch of 12 yard plays, Pettine classic.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No, Pettine is still the same guy. That 57 yard run against the Bears was classic Pettine.

The 10+ play drives against the eagles where there aren't any 20+yard gains but there are a bunch of 12 yard plays, Pettine classic.

Yeah... I'm kinda sad the players were the ones who had to advocate for more aggressive calls.