Week 13 Post game: We ended Wentz's career

Norm

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

Nobody in GB checked JK Scott's tackling ability before drafting him?! This organization is going NOWHERE fast! Sad!

I suspect the only reason we keep kickers in the game of football (punters and field goals/EP's) is to keep true to the name "football".  Otherwise, I'd personally like to figure out a different system and send these 'soccer' players back to whence they came.

Edited by Sasquatch

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

Nobody in GB checked JK Scott's tackling ability before drafting him?! This organization is going NOWHERE fast! Sad!

All punter jokes aside, and there are many, it’s another reason to bring in rugby and Aus rules guys at this position. Not only do they work on a variety of kicks, they are not as specialized and had to mix it up on the field, not just kick for hang time. 

I mean the Browns got a guy named the Scottish Hammer. Who wouldn’t want that guy as your last line of defense. 

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1167231569880408064?s=20

Edited by Refugee

4 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

More should be made of this.

He is a professional athlete.  How long does he spend practicing punting ?   Surely he can spare some time to learn to tackle and to improve his physique enough to help him with this. Over the course of a season, its likely he will be in a position to make a tackle. That tackle could be the difference between winning and losing the game.

Yes Punters get paid less than other players but in the real world, he is paid an obscene amount of money for doing extremely little. I don't expect a sure tackler but I do expect him to make a decent fist of it. Honestly its pathetic. The rest of the team put their body on the line all game and he does that. Not sure what the rest of the team think about his pathetic efforts.

I know previous posts were joking but I don't see why you need a punter. Kicker I get, its a precision job that directly wins and loses you the game. The Punter should boots the ball away. I'm kind of in the don't punt camp anyway unless it worse than 4th and 10.  Surely your kicker can do that. 

We shoudn't have to worry about our punter's tackling ability.   The fact we are tells everyone how crappy our ST coverage is.

Just now, Reaper said:

Didnt Mason take a kick to the sack from a buffalo prior to kicking a field goal in college? I swear I read that somewhere.

I have no idea, but now that I’ve seen it here, I’ve “read” it somewhere and will preach it as gospel. The legend continues. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Didnt Mason take a kick to the sack from a buffalo prior to kicking a field goal in college? I swear I read that somewhere.

all the key words make this tricky to google due to his profession:

"buffalo" (his college and pro team)

"kick" (what he does)

"sack" 

"balls"

Just now, incognito_man said:

all the key words make this tricky to google due to his profession:

"buffalo" (his college and pro team)

"kick" (what he does)

"sack" 

"balls"

I gave up but I swear I read that in an article somewhere. I think it was a story from his college coach.

21 hours ago, Pugger said:

We shoudn't have to worry about our punter's tackling ability.   The fact we are tells everyone how crappy our ST coverage is.

True. The point is he is a professional athlete who may be needed to make a tackle. He should have some semblance of professional pride. Its not good enough if he can't be bothered to try and get his skills in that area above nil then it doesn't say a lot for his professionalism full stop.

DK Metcalf is the best example, he's isn't paid to tackle but he runs 90 yards giving it everything to stop the TD and look at the effect it has on the defence who can't allow the TD after he did that. You have the rest of the team putting their body on the line all game so no idea what respect they have for Scott now. Don't expect Scott to do what Metcalf did but don't expect him to hide like a baby either.

If I am MLF, once Dillon is off the Covid list, I get him running straight at Scott in practice every day 

2 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

If I am MLF, once Dillon is off the Covid list, I get him running straight at Scott in practice every day 

I know you're joking but if they are going to run practices like that, they will have to start charging to watch in training camp.  I would pay decent money to see that and I know I'm not alone.  We also would need to bring in 4 punters minimum because they will not stay in one piece for too long.