MKnight82

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

Shut TWill down- get his surgery now

reed- trade the jaguar in and get a dependable Pickup

montae- who cares. He’s an unproven rook 

we aren’t making playoffs so plan for 18 now 

We’re not going to trade Reed, and especially not right now when he’s at his lowest trade value ever because he’s dealt with a broken toe and hamstring pull - which he’s aggravated twice the last month trying to get back in the field - all year.

Don't see Reed as trade bait for draft picks. Look at it from another teams point of view - Great player if he plays. If I'm on the other side I'd give up like a 5th with a conditional up to a 3rd depending on how much he play's. Maybe a trade for a player somehow but $5.4M dead money. Possibly after June 1st ($1.8M dead); releases $8.5M from the cap. Money for Kirk on a tag but how's he gonna feel about dumping his favorite target? Long shot at best.

TW needs surgery and that's already known. Be best to give him as much time as possible to heal. 

Moses a DNP on Wed & LP on Thursday. Hope(?) that he can play on 2 bad ankles? Can he make a whole game? Otherwise you're looking at Catalina on the left and Ty on the right. Against a team tied for 4th in sacks and can hit you from either side.

Brown will play - he's never missed a game and I don't see him breaking that streak unless Washington sits him. Well, that's not gonna happen. He's pretty been off on Wed & practices limited on Thursday - plays on Sunday for awhile now.

Ioannidis, Lanier, Ty & Scherrff all FP both Wed & Thur. Hey! Some good news!

More at Redskins website: http://www.redskins.com/team/injury-report.html?icampaign=homepage_hotlink_injury-report

1 hour ago, SeattleSkin said:

Don't see Reed as trade bait for draft picks. Look at it from another teams point of view - Great player if he plays. If I'm on the other side I'd give up like a 5th with a conditional up to a 3rd depending on how much he play's. Maybe a trade for a player somehow but $5.4M dead money. Possibly after June 1st ($1.8M dead); releases $8.5M from the cap. Money for Kirk on a tag but how's he gonna feel about dumping his favorite target? Long shot at best.

TW needs surgery and that's already known. Be best to give him as much time as possible to heal. 

Moses a DNP on Wed & LP on Thursday. Hope(?) that he can play on 2 bad ankles? Can he make a whole game? Otherwise you're looking at Catalina on the left and Ty on the right. Against a team tied for 4th in sacks and can hit you from either side.

Brown will play - he's never missed a game and I don't see him breaking that streak unless Washington sits him. Well, that's not gonna happen. He's pretty been off on Wed & practices limited on Thursday - plays on Sunday for awhile now.

Ioannidis, Lanier, Ty & Scherrff all FP both Wed & Thur. Hey! Some good news!

More at Redskins website: http://www.redskins.com/team/injury-report.html?icampaign=homepage_hotlink_injury-report

Nsekhe would play LT. He was poor at RT mostly because he never plays on the right side. He was obviously uncomfortable on the right and wasn’t anchoring or resetting to block Lawrence.

i thought I heard that Ioannidis practiced w/o anything protective on his had which is a good sign. 

23 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Nsekhe would play LT. He was poor at RT mostly because he never plays on the right side. He was obviously uncomfortable on the right and wasn’t anchoring or resetting to block Lawrence.

i thought I heard that Ioannidis practiced w/o anything protective on his had which is a good sign. 

Ioannidis was Full Practice all week as were Lanier, Ty & Scherff. I think part of why Ty was so off at RT is first he was being coached/practiced at LT then pressed in to pick up at LG and then in the middle of the game found himself at RT. Still want to see him on the left but probably hasn't been getting a lot of rep's in practice on the right side plus he hasn't a full day of practice since week 3 and hasn't had a full week of practice since week 2 till this week.

If Moses doesn't play (questionable) do you think Catalina can pick up the right side so Ty can stay on the left or is it more of that's the best they can do?

16 hours ago, SeattleSkin said:

Ioannidis was Full Practice all week as were Lanier, Ty & Scherff. I think part of why Ty was so off at RT is first he was being coached/practiced at LT then pressed in to pick up at LG and then in the middle of the game found himself at RT. Still want to see him on the left but probably hasn't been getting a lot of rep's in practice on the right side plus he hasn't a full day of practice since week 3 and hasn't had a full week of practice since week 2 till this week.

If Moses doesn't play (questionable) do you think Catalina can pick up the right side so Ty can stay on the left or is it more of that's the best they can do?

I think Ty just needs practice at RT, just like he needs more work are G also. He had never played but guard before being asked too vs New Orleans and as much as we love him and he’s a physical freak given his size and athleticism - he’s not Trent Williams - I’m convinced Trent could ply any position we asked him to play on the field because he’s just that gifted.

Ty really hasn’t played a lot of RT, even in preseason, he always goes in for Trent at LT in the preseason and in practice.  Couple that with him missing 1/2 the year with core surgery, he hasn’t played or gotten to practiced for a little over 2 months so, some of it was rust. 

If Moses can’t go, I’d still rather see Nsekhe at RT. If he practices at RT, he’ll get better just like he will if he practices at guard - which I wanted the to do with him since McCloughan found him in 2015.

I really don’t want to see Catalina on the field at this point, it’s a bad sign for Kirk’s safety if he’s out there.

One thing is for sure is that we must re-sign Ty Nsekhe in the offseason and either Lauvao or Long. I don’t think we can afford to lose the 3 of them, even if we do draft an C/G kinda early in the draft and an OT at some point this in develop.

Archived