Jets fire DC Gregg Williams; Frank Bush to be interm DC

KhanYouDigIt

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Then why would you fire a guy who literally just lost you a game? lol I mean, I get it, that call was ABYSMAL in that situation, but still.

Made it too obvious. The optics weren't good.

On the other hand, I think even Gase is convinced Gsse is trying his hardest to win games.

Edited by NJerseypaint

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

Oooh...a fat severance package, along with not having to be a part of that organization anymore? I think you might be onto something, that's not bad.

I mean, most of us have to fight for the holidays off. Not Greggy here...

13 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Isn't Williamd a very good DC though? Total dirt bag but still produces good Defenses?

Ps thx Gregg. 

No, he's not. He's not the worst, but he's always been known to call some goofy *** plays that make no sense.

This is what is baffling about tanking

It makes sense from an owners perspective, as well as the GM if they feel comfortable

It REALLY doesn't make sense for coaches on the hot seat, or a player of an important position, such as a QB

Williams/Gase either threw that game with the assumption that they were totally safe - and Williams got burned.. OR, it was just THAT bad of a playcall, in which case this firing is well deserved

Everything about it felt like tanking, other than the fact that certain individuals have incentive not to