Jets fire DC Gregg Williams

Bianconero

53 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I also like the idea of bringing some heat in that situation. Just not cover zero. You need to have two safeties back there. So 5 or 6 DBs and let the rest rush. This dude sent the house and all three DBs got burned. Haha. You can’t make it up. 

Agreed WITH a QB spy...maybe you actually sent the 8th he gets there! It was bad. I loved it so much. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

It’s interesting that it was apparently Gase call to fire Williams. 

I thought CJ micromanaged down to the coordinators considering they wouldn’t let Rhule pick his own 

I believe it was Mike Maccagnan that wanted Monken to be Rhule's OC.  Rhule said goodbye once MM made the suggestion for OC spot.  Jets then hired Gase who set up coaching staff by himself.

Edited by JetsandI

48 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Very happy that someone in the locker room finally voiced some displeasure.  Maye, I hope you can become the leader of our defense instead of Mosley.  Just really improve your tackling this offseason lol.

Yeah for real. He’s excellent in coverage. Leaves a lot to be desired tackling. 

I don't know about you guys, but I find it very unsettling that Gase had the authority to fire anyone at this point. Heck, I would have preferred we fire Gase and promote Williams at this point. 

I am just getting a very bad feeling that Gase isn't going to be fired. Why wasn't he let go along with Williams? The debacle is just as much on the head coach as the DC, no? 

Gase comes out of this latest loss looking good in the media and with the casual fans. I hate this.

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I don't know about you guys, but I find it very unsettling that Gase had the authority to fire anyone at this point. Heck, I would have preferred we fire Gase and promote Williams at this point. 

I am just getting a very bad feeling that Gase isn't going to be fired. Why wasn't he let go along with Williams? The debacle is just as much on the head coach as the DC, no? 

Gase comes out of this latest loss looking good in the media and with the casual fans. I hate this.

Gase hasn't been fired because the Johnson's aren't firing anyone right now and Gase isn't going to fire himself.

Any HC should be able to hire and fire his staff, especially if he believes they are insubordinate.

Yeah, it was a terrible call. I would say the defense will perform better because Bush won't have the DBs playing the same, but we're playing the Rams & Seahawks. It's going to be tough to see improvements there. The 2nd worst coach is gone now. 

I was worried about it because they still gave him control at this point, but there is a 99% chance Lawrence pulls an Eli if we're dumb enough to keep Gase. So I'm not as worried. Imagine locking down the number one pick and having all these coaching options available but decide to stick with Gase and lose out on Southern Jesus. 

4 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

You find it unsettling that the head coach fired someone from his coaching staff? 

7 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I find it good news.  I was concerned that CJ fired him and not Gase.  Gase firing him does not close the door on Gase being fired by CJ.  CJ has to fire someone on black MOnday!