Jump to content

Rams Cut SS Maurice Alexander


Recommended Posts

How the mighty have fallen! He was as you said very good last year at FS but looked lost this year in Wades Defense. Johnson did well starting for him and is obviously the future. Also worth noting this was a contract year for Mo. Johnson and Joyner will be a good combo with Davis backing them up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Also I just remembered 2 weeks ago the Farr and Simmons podcast where Farr hinted that all wasn't well in the new defense for Mo. He gets benched as a healthy scratch and cut within 2 weeks of that podcast.

I've tried to listen to that...I miss D. Farr here in St. Louis...but I can't stand Myles. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

First move of this new regime that I do not agree with. Not a fan. Worth keeping until the end of the year for special teams purposes at the very least.

Makes you wonder, is there something else to this other than just performance based? Its not like were in position to chopping DBs just because

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the first I'm seeing this and I'm shocked. I'm on Bleacher Report all the time and not once did I see a mention of this.

Like a few others have stated, I guess I didn't notice that his play had declined to this extent, because I certainly didn't see this coming. I liked Alexander and actually thought he'd be a much better fit at SS than FS (even though those positions are becoming more and more interchangeable with the way today's game is played).

Obviously Johnson got the INT on Sunday and I didn't notice him have any mishaps, but did he really play that well? (that's an actual question--not me doubting that he did). In other words, without the big interception and return, would we have noticed his play?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

This is the first I'm seeing this and I'm shocked. I'm on Bleacher Report all the time and not once did I see a mention of this.

Like a few others have stated, I guess I didn't notice that his play had declined to this extent, because I certainly didn't see this coming. I liked Alexander and actually thought he'd be a much better fit at SS than FS (even though those positions are becoming more and more interchangeable with the way today's game is played).

Obviously Johnson got the INT on Sunday and I didn't notice him have any mishaps, but did he really play that well? (that's an actual question--not me doubting that he did). In other words, without the big interception and return, would we have noticed his play?

He made some nice tackles in the run game and I believe had two pass breakups. Alexander really struggled this year not only in pass coverage but in run support. Couple that with D Farr talking about him not buying into Wades defense and being vocal about it and he's gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

He made some nice tackles in the run game and I believe had two pass breakups. Alexander really struggled this year not only in pass coverage but in run support. Couple that with D Farr talking about him not buying into Wades defense and being vocal about it and he's gone.

Well if nothing else, its encouraging to hear/see that John Johnson is doing well and looks to step forward into the starting role. Admittedly, I wasn't crazy about us drafting him at the time: I thought we had a starting duo at safety and a need at corner. But I was quickly enthused because it seemed like Johnson genuinely was ecstatic to be a Ram. Idk, sounds corny I'm sure, but I just got a good feeling about him pretty quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Well if nothing else, its encouraging to hear/see that John Johnson is doing well and looks to step forward into the starting role. Admittedly, I wasn't crazy about us drafting him at the time: I thought we had a starting duo at safety and a need at corner. But I was quickly enthused because it seemed like Johnson genuinely was ecstatic to be a Ram. Idk, sounds corny I'm sure, but I just got a good feeling about him pretty quickly.

Yeah he sure is an enthusiastic player. Two reasons he was drafted though, the main being he is talented and Wade liked him. But just as big is both our safeties to start the year are in the last year of their contracts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...