Official 2021 WR Thread

jrry32

15 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Bateman has more upside. Based on his ability, he should go in the late first round. I expect him to go somewhere in the second.

Does he really? 

I see a smooth reliable guy with a thin frame that’s gonna make his living in the slot who isn’t overly dynamic or win on the outside on a consistent basis. It’s almost as if they’re exact twins.

20 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

Does he really? 

I see a smooth reliable guy with a thin frame that’s gonna make his living in the slot who isn’t overly dynamic or win on the outside on a consistent basis. It’s almost as if they’re exact twins.

Great, sign me up. I'd rather take a dude who can get off press, run routes and create separation in tight areas than a speedier guy who has to learn how to play receiver in the NFL.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

Does he really? 

Thin frame? Bateman is 6'1" 210. He's not a thin dude at all. Boyd was a smooth, fluid athlete who didn't have a lot of explosion to his game. But I liked him a lot as a slot guy on Day 2. He's been productive. Bateman is a much more explosive player. He has great separation quickness due to his explosiveness out of his breaks and his outstanding acceleration. He is definitely capable of playing and winning on the outside. Bateman is a tad taller, but I'd compare him to Greg Jennings.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Great, sign me up. I'd rather take a dude who can get off press, run routes and create separation in tight areas than a speedier guy who has to learn how to play receiver in the NFL.

Well, I’m sure everyone in the world does, but I’d rather aim for a guy that does all those things while having explosion & being dynamic, something Bateman lacks in order to be a good WR1. He’ll be a real good WR2. I still like him a good amount.

2 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

Well, I’m sure everyone in the world does, but I’d rather aim for a guy that does all those things while having explosion & being dynamic, something Bateman lacks in order to be a good WR1. He’ll be a real good WR2. I still like him a good amount.

Yes, we would all like that but they don't come around very often do they. If you can get refinement from a receiver, which is a highly technique based position, grab it with both hands. 

• Like 1

Any chance we can re-name this thread to 'Receivers' instead of WR? We need a space to talk about Kyle Pitts. Now normally I'm a 'don't draft Tight Ends' high guy. But, is there a wide receiver in this class who is more valuable than him? I'd take him top ten no question. You could easily make a case for him as the first receiver off the board, dude is just incredibly rare - the archetypal mismatch weapon. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Any chance we can re-name this thread to 'Receivers' instead of WR? We need a space to talk about Kyle Pitts. Now normally I'm a 'don't draft Tight Ends' high guy. But, is there a wide receiver in this class who is more valuable than him? I'd take him top ten no question. You could easily make a case for him as the first receiver off the board, dude is just incredibly rare - the archetypal mismatch weapon. 

Probably my favorite college player in the last 10 years. I watched every Florida game this year just to see him...guy is unreal.

I’d floor him at pick 6/7. If he gets further than that some teams messed up.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 5:59 AM, goldfishwars said:

I'd play Kyle Pitts at WR.

On 2/19/2021 at 5:59 AM, goldfishwars said:

We don't need a TE thread, because it's Kyle Pitts and everyone else...

• Like 1