Official 2021 WR Thread

jrry32

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, those numbers are going to get discounted in a hurry. They're majorly inflated.

besides the bench reps, 100%. Tylan Wallace is maybe a 4.47 guy, but he ain't no 4.3 burner.
then again, Jordan Matthews ran an actual 4.40 at the combine, and never looked faster than 4.6 to me.
My main takeaway was Ja'Marr Chase is stronk

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, those numbers are going to get discounted in a hurry. They're majorly inflated.

Exos is trying to inflate to get more business and attention for the future. This was always going to be an issue when these companies were going to step in for the combine.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Counselor said:

Exos is trying to inflate to get more business and attention for the future. This was always going to be an issue when these companies were going to step in for the combine.

Exactly, you can't trust someone who's entire business model is to get more people to come work out there because "they will make you faster".  The NFL should be sending an independent timer to these pro days for all the timed drills.  Hell, just take the combine set up they use on a road show to a different pro day every day.  

This year is going to be much more about game film than any other year before, which may hurt some of the opt out guys outside of the very top end players.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Exactly, you can't trust someone who's entire business model is to get more people to come work out there because "they will make you faster".  The NFL should be sending an independent timer to these pro days for all the timed drills.  Hell, just take the combine set up they use on a road show to a different pro day every day.  

This year is going to be much more about game film than any other year before, which may hurt some of the opt out guys outside of the very top end players.

Yep Ian Book running a 4.42 when RG3 ran a 4.41 at the combine for comparison sake, is hilarious to me.

On 3/1/2021 at 3:17 PM, Kiwibrown said:

If devonta smith doesnt put on 10-15 pounds he is going to die. Especially if his coaches suck and run him at linebackers.

Teams will probably play him off of the line, but life is going to be rough for him if he doesn't add significant bulk. He has the body type of a Todd Pinkston, being that small limits what teams can do with you 

9 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Teams will probably play him off of the line, but life is going to be rough for him if he doesn't add significant bulk. He has the body type of a Todd Pinkston, being that small limits what teams can do with you 

It never limited Ike Bruce or Marvin Harrison.

10 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Yeah, Hollywood Brown is listed at 180. The dude was 166 pounds at the Combine. Zero chance he's close to 180. Bruce and Harrison were both listed around 185 pounds. I'd be surprised if either played at more than 175 pounds. And I bet Calvin Ridley typically plays below 180 pounds. Devonta tore up the SEC at whatever his weight is. I don't see it preventing him from being great in the NFL.

On 3/2/2021 at 5:41 AM, Scoundrel said:

Yep Ian Book running a 4.42 when RG3 ran a 4.41 at the combine for comparison sake, is hilarious to me.

The 40 yard dash has always been funny to me as a way to gauge a prospect. Like how often are guys running 40 yards full sprint during an actual game?