Official 2021 WR Thread

jrry32

8 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Who was the last NFL player below 170 lbs who was more than a gimmick player?

Going back a long ways but I can think of Anthony Carter. He's always the first player I'm reminded of when watching DeVonta Smith, especially the spindly legs. I don't get the Marvin Harrison comparison at all. He always had wide shoulders for his frame, unlike Smith.

Smith is like a smoother more polished version of Anthony Carter. But Anthony Carter would not be skipping drills. I guarantee that. He was always extremely self confident dating to high school. 

Just now, Awsi Dooger said:

Going back a long ways but I can think of Anthony Carter. He's always the first player I'm reminded of when watching DeVonta Smith, especially the spindly legs. I don't get the Marvin Harrison comparison at all. He always had wide shoulders for his frame, unlike Smith.

Smith is like a smoother more polished version of Anthony Carter. But Anthony Carter would not be skipping drills. I guarantee that. He was always extremely self confident dating to high school. 

I was referencing moreso Tutu Atwell, who weighed in at 155, someone a page or two back talked about him going in the 30-50 range, which seems rich to me.

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

Hollywood Brown is 181 lbs, 26 lbs more than Atwell

Bro, Hollywood Brown checked into the Combine at 166 pounds. He's not 181 pounds, no matter what his listed weight says. Those things are rarely accurate when it comes to the lightest and heaviest players in the league.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Why easily?

Watching each of them play. Bateman jumps out the most. Every draft class everyone has a few players who you can just tell is going to be successful at the next level with good confidence. Bateman is one of those couple guys for me in this draft class. Now, will he be a good #2, or perhaps a #1? That much I can't definitely say.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Watching each of them play. Bateman jumps out the most. Every draft class everyone has a few players who you can just tell is going to be successful at the next level with good confidence. Bateman is one of those couple guys for me in this draft class. Now, will he be a good #2, or perhaps a #1? That much I can't definitely say.

I think Marshall has the size and speed that might push him ahead of Bateman,  even though I think he is the riskiest of those WRs by far.

I view Toney the way you view Bateman.