Official 2021 WR Thread

jrry32

8 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Any thoughts on Trevon Grimes. He keeps showing up when I try to watch other players. He's probably just a quality special teamer, but I can't help seeing something more.

Talent wise, he has it, he has just dealt with a lot of injuries.  Transferred out of Ohio State to be closer to his family which he struggled with during rehab, and I think still dealt with more injuries at Florida.  If he can every stay healthy, I could absolutely see him becoming a NFL starter.  That's a big IF though as he's been injured pretty consistently since he was about 16-17 years old.

On 4/17/2021 at 1:49 AM, MagicMT said:

I can't help but think that both Devonta Smith and Rondale Moore will be really good players (especially Smith) even if they're either too thin or too small. They're going to break the mold of WRs 

I think Moore is more likely to get broken.

On 4/16/2021 at 10:02 PM, Forge said:

This is maybe my favorite spider graph of all time. 

Is it common for a guy with such elite 40 and 20 split to have such a meh 10 split?

I get that there is a difference between initial burst and top end speed, but this seems.... unlikely?

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

Is it common for a guy with such elite 40 and 20 split to have such a meh 10 split?

I get that there is a difference between initial burst and top end speed, but this seems.... unlikely?

Could mean lack of explosiveness...or could mean he just had a bad 40 start.

33 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Maybe not. The question is if it matters.

A comp a lot of people like to make is Desean Jackson, who was 2 inches shorter and 10 lbs heavier than Smith.  In his 13 year career, he has played in all 16 games exactly twice.

Marvin Harrison is a more durable comp, but he was listed around 185, nearly 20 lbs heavier, and even if that's 10 lbs off, that's still 9-10 lbs more than Smith, and that's moreso the exception than the rule.  Harrison managed to play all 16 games in 8 out of 13 years.