Official 2021 WR Thread

jrry32

37 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'd take him over KT, and I'm a Gators fan. KT needs to have the right situation, or he could easily bust. Bateman is going to fit into about just any scheme and is a safe bet to be productive.

If Toney gets in the right system how do you feel about his upside?

Think he could be high up on Urbans board. Toney, Rondale Moore, or Amari Rodgers I fully expect to be in JAX by the end of the draft.

My strongest conviction of this draft is that Chase falls more than people think. I don't see him as the top 5 talent he's billed as. Separation is the most valuable trait in the pros, so I'd take both Smithy and Waddle over him. But as a fan of a divisional rival I hope Cincy ignores all this and takes him over Sewell.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Think he could be high up on Urbans board. Toney, Rondale Moore, or Amari Rodgers I fully expect to be in JAX by the end of the draft.

He'll be a deadly slot guy in the right system. You're just going to have to adjust your scheme to his game and need a QB who can put up with his unconventional style. But he's a rare talent with the ball in his hands.

Just now, wackywabbit said:

My strongest conviction of this draft is that Chase falls more than people think. I don't see him as the top 5 talent he's billed as. Separation is the most valuable trait in the pros, so I'd take both Smithy and Waddle over him. But as a fan of a divisional rival I hope Cincy ignores all this and takes him over Sewell.

I think Chase is going at #5 or #6. He's a dominating player.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Chase did what Devonta Smith did this year to the SEC, but Chase did it at age 19, not 22.  The only difference in stats is Chase had less targets, he averaged almost 4 more yards per completion in 2019 than Smith did in 2020.

And he absolutely embarrassed A.J. Terrell in the NCG. I have Chase ranked over Pitts and Devonta. He's a dominating dude. Has it all. And he's an absolute dog when the ball is in the air. Just overpowers DBs.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 4:38 PM, .Buzz said:

You were certainly right about that

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 4:41 PM, wackywabbit said:

Separation is the most valuable trait in the pros

Chase didn’t separate as well as some other prospects, sure. But you gotta remember, the last tape we’ve seen of Chase was when he was 19 years old.

19!

And the kid was still dominating future NFL cornerbacks in the best conference in CFB. There is ample reason to think he’s yet to completely develop physically, let alone completely develop the skill-based nuances of the position. He’s very likely to get bigger, stronger, and faster within the next few years, making his separation skills much better and more consistent. 

8 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Chase didn’t separate as well as some other prospects, sure. But you gotta remember, the last tape we’ve seen of Chase was when he was 19 years old.

19!

And the kid was still dominating future NFL cornerbacks in the best conference in CFB. There is ample reason to think he’s yet to completely develop physically, let alone completely develop the skill-based nuances of the position. He’s very likely to get bigger, stronger, and faster within the next few years, making his separation skills much better and more consistent. 

I think Chase is going to be very good. My take was more that a WR taken in the top 5 shouldn't have a conditional around something like separation ability getting better for superstardom. He should be a Julio/AJ Green/Megatron type prospect to go that high and over Sewell. Because stud WRs are often found all over the place and rare talents at tackle don't fall and are much harder to find, GENERALLY.

I also root for a team that has found more than a handful of stud O-lineman and the greatest WR they ever drafted transitioned to TE and then was swiped off the practice squad by a different team, so I'm aware it very well may not end up being the case in a specific instance/player, but I base my stance on the odds.

Edited by wackywabbit

13 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I think Chase is going to be very good. My take was more that a WR taken in the top 5 shouldn't have a conditional around something like separation ability getting better for superstardom. He should be a Julio/AJ Green/Megatron type prospect to go that high and over Sewell. 

Then that’s where we disagree, because even with his so called separation flaws, he is still a blue chip prospect in my eyes. He threatens all three levels of the field, dominates the catch point, and has rare YAC ability. His game, in conjunction with the rest of his resume in general, makes him well worth a top 5 pick. But that’s just me. 

• Like 1