Official 2021 WR Thread

jrry32

19 hours ago, Counselor said:

Did Smith get hurt or what was the deal with his 22 receiving yards for anyone who watched the game.

It was 38 to 3 at half time, he sat most of the 2nd half and the team destroyed Arkansas.  Mac Jones only had 208 passing yards and also did not play a ton in the 2nd half.   DeVonta Smith got that punt return for a TD, that was good enough for me.    

Arkansas was playing a soft zone defense, did not give up a bunch of big plays in the passing game but obviously it did not matter in the end and again was not really ever in question.  They ran the ball 38 times for 216 yards and 6 TDs, so the TDs were rushing not passing and Neal did not play on the OL for Bama so it was a new starting OT.  They had safeties back deep to stop the big pass play and Bama ran the ball.  

This mean DeVonta Smith is some awful player?  Nah.

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

It was 38 to 3 at half time, he sat most of the 2nd half and the team destroyed Arkansas.  Mac Jones only had 208 passing yards and also did not play a ton in the 2nd half.   DeVonta Smith got that punt return for a TD, that was good enough for me.    

Arkansas was playing a soft zone defense, did not give up a bunch of big plays in the passing game but obviously it did not matter in the end and again was not really ever in question.  They ran the ball 38 times for 216 yards and 6 TDs, so the TDs were rushing not passing and Neal did not play on the OL for Bama so it was a new starting OT.  They had safeties back deep to stop the big pass play and Bama ran the ball.  

This mean DeVonta Smith is some awful player?  Nah.

Nobody said he was awful. Smith currently sits 7th on my BB. I was just wondering what happened to him.

IMO  It's Chase and the rest. Chase was the best WR on LSU and Jefferson was number two.   Look what Jefferson has done in the NFL. Chase is a once in a generation WR. He rates a 10 in all WR categories.

Lastly don't sleep on Rondale Moore. He can be the next Terek Hill.

Edited by m haynes

4 hours ago, m haynes said:

IMO  It's Chase and the rest. Chase was the best WR on LSU and Jefferson was number two.   Look what Jefferson has done in the NFL. Chase is a once in a generation WR. He rates a 10 in all WR categories.

Lastly don't sleep on Rondale Moore. He can be the next Terek Hill.

Moore is mainly going to be an underneath weapon. He won’t be like Hill.

Edited by Duluther

7 hours ago, Duluther said:

Moore is mainly going to be an underneath weapon. He won’t be like Hill.

You might be right but Moore can play wide and he the same size as Hill. Moore runs 4.33 to Hills 4.29. Moore is dangerous all over the field. Terek Hill was use mostly as a RB in college. You could say the exact same thing , Hill  will be a underneath weapon in the NFL., but we know now that is not the case.  Same with Moore.

That's why I said don't sleep on Moore. He IMO will have the same impact at the next level. He will change defenses just like Hill. He goes wide you have to adjust your coverage or he will burn whoever covers him one on one.

Here is Hills highlight tape in college. Just based on this tape would you think (NOT) he was going the change the game from the outside. I see Moore doing the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm0o5s6YbIU

PS God forbid that KC drafts him in the 1st RD. IMO if he's there Reed will draft him and everyone will say the same thing when it happens. OH SHIP !!!!!! Just like they did when they picked Clyde!!!!

Anyone that didn't say OH SHIP when Clyde was picked are as dumb as the other GMs that passed on him.

Edited by m haynes

21 hours ago, m haynes said:

DeVonta Smith isn't far behind.

• Like 1

Toney really proved something to me tonight. I was skeptical of him. I felt like Mullen was scheming him a lot of looks, but he gave Bama's defense absolute fits. And he wasn't just burning them because he was schemed open. The kid has otherworldly agility, and he's super physical with the ball in his hands (plus his contact balance is incredible). My only question with him is intangibles. Prior to this year, he was a kid who seemed torn between whether he wanted to be a rapper or a football player. Didn't seem like he worked hard at his craft. This year, he really turned the corner, and he also played with a lot of emotion (it was clear how badly he wanted to win). Will he continue to grind like he did this year in the NFL? I don't know. But if he does, he's going to be a really good slot WR.

I think Deebo Samuel is a comparison who makes a lot of sense. Deebo is probably a tick faster in a straight line, but Toney is quicker.

Also, while I realize that Kyle Pitts is technically listed as a TE, I think the guy is truly a hybrid player. He has absolutely worked some first round CBs. The guy reminds me of Prime Jimmy Graham in his ability to go up and snag the ball, but I think Pitts is an even better athlete. That guy is a QB's best friend. He's a cheat code. His ability to make contested catches is on par with anybody I've watched. And 50/50 balls aren't 50/50 balls with him. He reminds me a lot of Mike Evans in that regard, but he has better hands.

• Like 3

Just want to remind everyone how awesome is Devonta Smith. I know Chase was impressive last year but Smith could literally win the Heisman this year, he's that great.

Also, Kyle Pitts should be a top 10 pick, whatever his position is.

Edited by MagicMT