Official 2021 WR Thread

jrry32

On 12/25/2020 at 8:51 AM, Hawkeyejam said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/_ihmirr_/status/1342134724769284096/photo/1

Ihmir Smith-Marsette skipping CoVid year. Speedy Iowa WR. Don't judge this years numbers .. terrible QB play... One of those 3rd-5th rd guys that could become something

He shouldn’t go before the 5th. And he’s not bad...just not better than the other WRs in this class. He’s too raw right now to warrant being drafted higher than that despite his high ceiling. Love ISM tho. He could become very good. 

Rashod Bateman reminds me of Justin Blackmon if he wasn’t a moron. Bateman is gonna be good, but I agree with @diamondbull424 in that he shouldn’t go before the other guys on that list. I’d take Ross off and put Moore up there as guys that I’d take ahead of Bateman. 

But truly, I don’t see a lot of land mines (busts) in this WR field. I don’t see any guys in the 1st-3rd round range that I don’t think belong there aside from Terrace Marshall (firmly mocked in the 2nd) and Nico Collins (getting some run as a 2nd-3rd rounder).

Tylan Wallace might end up being the best in class. He shouldn’t be as good as he is, but that dude is a superstar. Fierce competitor that catches everything, runs great routes, and is a beast after the catch. In a loaded class, I think Wallace is the guy slipping the furthest under the radar. 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 1:06 AM, Counselor said:

Tell me more

Watch his ability to get off the LOS, and tell me that's not Davante Adams-esque.  He's not quite as big as Adams is, who I think has an inch and probably ~20 pounds on Olave coming out of Fresno State.  But his ability to get off at the LOS is uncanny.  And he's a smooth route runner and knows how to find the open part of the field.  His frame doesn't really lead a LOT of room for development, and I think he's going to struggle with bigger, physical corners at the NFL, but once that technique is perfected he's going to figure it out in a big way.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, QBIso said:

He shouldn’t go before the 5th. And he’s not bad...just not better than the other WRs in this class. He’s too raw right now to warrant being drafted higher than that despite his high ceiling. Love ISM tho. He could become very good. 

Didn't he also have a dui or something?

7 hours ago, MD4L said:

How come every time I watch Devonta Smith he’s in stride and past the last line of defense? How has he been so good this year?

His route releases are ridiculously efficient. His releases are arguably superior to Jerry Jeudy from last season. Jeudy has the superior foot fire/quickness (not that Smith is a slouch), but Smith also deploys some INCREDIBLY long arms that allow him to (even though he’s thin) keep overly aggressive defenders from getting into his frame and disrupting his release and route.

Against off coverage, college corners stand no chance with his foot quickness, route plan, and route adjustments.

Just look at Smith’s upper body during his route releases. He’s committing his entire upper body to directions he has no intention of going. Heck even his hips are committed. Yet his feet are the only thing that tells the story. By the time defenders realize what he’s doing, they’re already toast because of that agility/speed. There’s no doubt in my mind he should win the Heisman.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2020 at 2:08 AM, diamondbull424 said:

His route releases are ridiculously efficient. His releases are arguably superior to Jerry Jeudy from last season. Jeudy has the superior foot fire/quickness (not that Smith is a slouch), but Smith also deploys some INCREDIBLY long arms that allow him to (even though he’s thin) keep overly aggressive defenders from getting into his frame and disrupting his release and route.

Against off coverage, college corners stand no chance with his foot quickness, route plan, and route adjustments.

Just look at Smith’s upper body during his route releases. He’s committing his entire upper body to directions he has no intention of going. Heck even his hips are committed. Yet his feet are the only thing that tells the story. By the time defenders realize what he’s doing, they’re already toast because of that agility/speed. There’s no doubt in my mind he should win the Heisman.

Smith has insane polish. He's coming into the NFL as a vet. I think the destination is key for him. He's a little small and I don't know how that affects his ceiling in the league. But the floor is very high. He's bust proof to me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s been mentioned numerous times, but Rondale is just a straight dog. He’s my favorite player in this entire draft. I’m not saying he’s the best player or anything. Just a human highlight reel.

Love him but seems like a guy who might miss some time every season 

10 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Brown is 166lbs.

Marquise "Hollywood" Brown focused on adding bulk to his 5-foot-9 frame this offseason.

The Ravens wide receiver weighs 180 pounds, which is 23 pounds heavier from where he ended the regular season. 

“What people fail to realize, when I was at ‘OU’ [University of Oklahoma], I was 173-170 [pounds]," he said. "So, I honestly just gained about 10 pounds. I actually lost weight last year. To me, I feel back to normal, sort of to say. I feel like myself.”

About the same weight as Rondale. If you're 5'9 170-180 lbs, you probably need to be a slot wr, or you gonna get jammed in the NFL. Hamler and Mecole don't really get open without free releases. Neither will Rondale, most likely. DeSean Jackson is still trying to figure out how to beat press coverage. Rondale is closer to Marquise than Tyreek as far as how he's built.

Edited by Jeezla

22 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

About the same weight as Rondale. If you're 5'9 170-180 lbs, you probably need to be a slot wr, or you gonna get jammed in the NFL. Hamler and Mecole don't really get open without free releases. Neither will Rondale, most likely. DeSean Jackson is still trying to figure out how to beat press coverage. Rondale is closer to Marquise than Tyreek as far as how he's built.

Rondale is stronger than all of them

• Like 1