Official 2021 WR Thread

jrry32

Smith looks good but I have trouble remembering a WR a WR with his frame/body type that because an elite WR. Desean Jackson before injuries? The guy is really thin and I don’t think he has the frame to add much. 

But Chase did sit out. I understand that people have good reasons but it’s at least a concern that drops him a bit in my boat. 

Pergaos the safer bet would to go after other WRs a round or two later. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Smith looks good but I have trouble remembering a WR a WR with his frame/body type that because an elite WR. Desean Jackson before injuries? The guy is really thin and I don’t think he has the frame to add much. 

But Chase did sit out. I understand that people have good reasons but it’s at least a concern that drops him a bit in my boat. 

Pergaos the safer bet would to go after other WRs a round or two later. 

Marvin Harrison and Isaac Bruce are two easy examples. Calvin Ridley isn't elite, but he's still dang good.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

As a Dolphins fan I have the same concerns, if Miami is tempted. I understand all the polish but I always believe a very high pick (non-quarterback) should be a physical specimen. 

Every time I look at Smith the comparison that comes to mind is Anthony Carter. I go back further than most. He was a very productive and famous college wide receiver at Michigan who had the same twig legs and small frame. Carter signed with the USFL. Miami drafted him as a futures but since Duper and Clayton were in their prime when the USFL folded, it would have been superfluous so Carter's rights were traded to the Vikings. He made a few Pro Bowls in the late '80s. 

Man every year we look at receivers and their physical traits (or lack of) and forget the refinements in their technique which is normally what shows up at the next level. Speed and size are great nice to haves, but man just give me a dude who can play and you can figure the rest out. 

3 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Man every year we look at receivers and their physical traits (or lack of) and forget the refinements in their technique which is normally what shows up at the next level. Speed and size are great nice to haves, but man just give me a dude who can play and you can figure the rest out. 

This is probably the first year in the past 6-7 that I haven't been absolutely locked into this site the entire season focused on the draft... what is the general consensus on Chris Olave? Your post brought him to mind. OSU fan here and to me he's the best WR I've seen there in a long, long time and I absolutely loved Mike Thomas and Terry McLaurin as prospects and felt they were absurdly underrated. The guy is just incredibly smooth, dependable, and is constantly open. Great route runner. Can get deep. Creates a ton of separation. Aside from his average size what's not to like? I feel like he hasn't really been getting the hype he deserves, but I wouldn't bat an eye at him getting drafted in the top 20 honestly. He's going to be a very good pro.  

1 hour ago, BRANDON26841X said:

This is probably the first year in the past 6-7 that I haven't been absolutely locked into this site the entire season focused on the draft... what is the general consensus on Chris Olave? Your post brought him to mind. OSU fan here and to me he's the best WR I've seen there in a long, long time and I absolutely loved Mike Thomas and Terry McLaurin as prospects and felt they were absurdly underrated. The guy is just incredibly smooth, dependable, and is constantly open. Great route runner. Can get deep. Creates a ton of separation. Aside from his average size what's not to like? I feel like he hasn't really been getting the hype he deserves, but I wouldn't bat an eye at him getting drafted in the top 20 honestly. He's going to be a very good pro.  

Yeah Olave and Smith are my two favourites so far this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BRANDON26841X said:

Big fan of Olave as well.  As long as his body holds up to NFL defenders, he should be a really good one.  

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

How worried are we about Rondale Moore's injury history?

He'd be a perfect fit in the offense/provide what we're lacking, but the injury history does give me pause.

It definitely has to give you pause.  Part of what makes Moore so dang good is his toughness and physicality after the catch.  

Isn't he a little redundant on the Jags though with Shenault already there as the slot WR/RB/Gadget guy?

Just now, Danger said:

Moore has Tavon Austin written all over him.

Only similarity is the height and the ability to make guys miss in the open field.  Austin had more speed but Rondale has more physicality than Austin could every dream of.  Austin avoided contact like the plague.  Rondale isn't afraid to try and break a tackle or two.

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

Big fan of Olave as well.  As long as his body holds up to NFL defenders, he should be a really good one.  

It definitely has to give you pause.  Part of what makes Moore so dang good is his toughness and physicality after the catch.  

Isn't he a little redundant on the Jags though with Shenault already there as the slot WR/RB/Gadget guy?

Only similarity is the height and the ability to make guys miss in the open field.  Austin had more speed but Rondale has more physicality than Austin could every dream of.  Austin avoided contact like the plague.  Rondale isn't afraid to try and break a tackle or two.

I haven't watched a ton of Moore yet, but we desperately need that Tyreek Hill esque WR.

Shenault is a freak and can do most everything imo. But with Chark/Collin Johnson, we need more elite speed/guys who can take it to the house.