Week 14 GDT: Colts (8-4) @ Raiders (7-5) - THIS IS A PLAYOFF GAME!

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • Not the home team
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Vic said that Jacobs, Brown and Abram are expected to play on Sunday and with an outside chance of Arnette playing. 

That would be huge to have most or all of them back.  I'd really like to see this team at full strength for the first time.

On 12/8/2020 at 4:23 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's a scheme issue. He needs to be playing weakside LB. At strongside, he's being asked to do things he's not good at. He can still run and cover.

Are you sure he isn't playing WILL already thou and Morrow is playing SAM?

Most online depth charts have it that way.

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

Are you sure he isn't playing WILL already thou and Morrow is playing SAM?

Most online depth charts have it that way.

I think Littleton has been lined up on the TE quite a bit recently so I think where teams move formations around that gas lead to the confusion a bit. When I went back to look at a few games, like KC then Littleton was almost man marking Kelce so sometimes he looked like he was on the strong side but sometimes he looked to be almost in the slot. I'm no expert certainly but it looks like we don't use a traditional and rigid strong and weak side really, just match ups from what I saw but then again Morrow and Littleton are both similar kinds of lighter, faster players. Is the Sam always the left side LB lined up over the traditional RT and TE? what about 2 TE sets or when the TE is on the right and so on??

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think Littleton has been lined up on the TE quite a bit recently so I think where teams move formations around that gas lead to the confusion a bit. When I went back to look at a few games, like KC then Littleton was almost man marking Kelce so sometimes he looked like he was on the strong side but sometimes he looked to be almost in the slot. I'm no expert certainly but it looks like we don't use a traditional and rigid strong and weak side really, just match ups from what I saw but then again Morrow and Littleton are both similar kinds of lighter, faster players. Is the Sam always the left side LB lined up over the traditional RT and TE? what about 2 TE sets or when the TE is on the right and so on??

I think this is more correct than anything. I think we use him as our cover LB. I think this is a change from early in the year when we did have a more rigid look on D when we we much worse and Littleton actually "complained" between the lines about the players just playing what was called. This is more the role he was brought here to fill. 2 things stand out from the digging into this that I found important were that Rams fans considered Littleton more of a cover backer/slot safety than a true LB old school LB and if he is in coverage almost every play (which he is), and plays every play, which he does, then he has a tough task and the youtube video I posted earlier brings this out that NO ONE is gonna be really good in that role. The TE and backs today are just too skilled.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 7:31 AM, Jerry said:

I was thinking about how Philip Rivers throws have been sailing in the air more than ever before.  He doesn't have a lot of power behind his passing game these days.  I was wondering if playing more zone and keeping our eyes on the QB would help.  I think we can get some turnovers against him.  I know he's dealing with a toe injury and if we can rock him early, we might be able to get him to make some mistakes.  We just need to create a couple turnovers and keep the pressure off DC.  I don't expect our run game to be relevant, which I would want it to be of course, but if we are going to win this, it's going to be because DC is given time in the pocket to pick apart their defense.

If it was me I'd step on River's foot.  Maybe more than once.

47 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Colts don't give up much pressure and Rivers and Rivers is getting the ball out quick. I look for Rivers to have a big day against them. 

I don't doubt it, because of course it's the Raiders.  But I'm hoping for an anomaly.