Around The NFL Talk

KingTitan

8 minutes ago, Titansfan_13 said:

I was thinking there was a scenario where we could end up as the 2 seed if we win out and the Steelers keep losing...and then I looked up who the Browns play this week and realized that definitely isn't happening 😂

Something about me still doesn't trust the Browns. I could see them losing to the Jets. Boy would I love that.

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

Watching the Steelers and knowing what can happen with injuries and momentum in the NFL gives me hope at a possible magical run for us. I still believe we can do something special in the playoffs with the group of guys we have on offense if the cards fall right. 

If our defense can just somehow turn into a NOT laughable unit. We can do anything. 

If we can be the 2006 Colts, then we have a shot.
That team had a top 3 offense. But their defense was bad and they had the worst run defense in the league.
But in the playoffs. 
They only gave up 44, 83, 93, and 111 yards to win the Super Bowl. They allowed 200 plus rushing yards 4 times and close just shy of 200 yards 3 times. 

That year's Titans ran for 200 plus yards both times against them.

But they beat a Chiefs ground attack led by 1700 yard rusher Larry Johnson
Beat a Ravens team lead 1100 rusher Jamal Lewis
Went 12-4 that year.

A turn around can happen. Just hope we can duplicate that effort

• Like 1

6 hours ago, titanrick said:

I realize the first rule of fantasy football is no one cares about your fantasy football. However, I have to share!  Tied in the playoffs going into tonight’s game. I have Ebron. Bam, carted off scoring zero points. My opponent had... Juju!  He scored -1 and I won by a point! 😆 

Lmao holy that’s wild. My buddy had ebron left & because of the injury he lost by 1.3. 

lol at the jags. I hope they do get Tlaw. Maybe the games will be fun again. Its getting kinda sad now tbh

Also understand that was Cincy's superbowl. How they lost to a back up is beyond me. Maybe like I thought would happen is they would start to believe their own hype. Feels like watching the ckippers play lol. Nah that 1st one was a humbling L Im glad we took it. OH THAT 2nd L started the fire again. This L is the one that will make or break them. And a HUGE game vs the colts. 

KC has been and still is the problem in the AFC, 

Right now Im just worried about getting in the playoffs. Watson week 17 worries me lmao. Should be all good but it sure would've been nice to be clinched rn like the other top seeds.

14 hours ago, titanrick said:

I realize the first rule of fantasy football is no one cares about your fantasy football. However, I have to share!  Tied in the playoffs going into tonight’s game. I have Ebron. Bam, carted off scoring zero points. My opponent had... Juju!  He scored -1 and I won by a point! 😆 

I went against Josh Allen who scored 84 by himself Saturday... I thought I had 0 chance. I ended up winning somehow. Congrats on your insane win

25 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Bills and Chiefs are the best in the AFC.

Chiefs with their offense.
Bills are a complete team. Can score and have a defense. 

They leap frogged us.  They are where we should have been.

It hurts!!!

really frustrating. Idk if I can say anything I haven’t already said. Just ticked off to see where we are at now following an AFCCG appearance 

maybe this is just part of the process. Maybe our offense needs to get healthy over the offseason and keep improving. Maybe we need to totally makeover this defense. 

maybe we needed this breaking point that’ll inevitably come. Either missing out on the playoffs or losing the WCG due to the D. Robinson rolled the dice a bit this offseason with his defensive decisions and it blew up in his face. It sucks, but we move on. He has more hits than misses and I think he’s going to really get his hands dirty fixing the defense over the offseason.

but this all still is super frustrating 

it just sucks because in my heart of hearts i know we’re not going to have this offense again. don’t get me wrong, i don’t think we’re going to fall off a cliff, but it’s just unlikely we’re going to keep pace and be arguably the best offense in the NFL two years on a row. we completely wasted this whole effort with what we’ve done on defense. 

What happened is Robinson gambled on Ryan and Casey not having an impact and getting cheaper to pay for Henry and Tanny.

But the problem is he didn't build upon our run last year. He took away.

A lot of times you say lets run it back. we were so close. Lets keep what we got and add something to it.

Ryan I understand. He was slower and we needed speed in the secondary. 
Casey should have stayed.

Should have added a pass rusher in the draft or in FA early and ran it back with our guys. 

Hindsight is funny. Sure we all wanted to keep Casey, especially after only getting a 7th back.

However if before the season we were told we’re bringing everyone back offensively while getting Clowney, adding Vic Beasley on a one year gamble as a 3rd pass rusher, and replacing Ryan with Kristian Fulton we’d all take it. Hell, just check out everyone’s reaction when Clowney actually signed with us. Most thought we were set to have, at worse, a top 10 defense.

Whether it was injuries, regression, lack of DC/quality coaching, or the defensive scheme, it just didn’t work out this year, which of course sucks. Maybe you’d argue that the leadership factor from Ryan and Casey would’ve help to a certain degree. I’d argue that they’d look just as trash as everyone else on this defense. We see how everyone who returned from last year’s defense has taken a step back this year. Then we’d be right here in this same thread saying “Ryan and Casey are washed”, “Why’d we re-sign Ryan when we could’ve signed *insert player here*”, “We’ve got to cut or trade Casey come offseason”, etcetera, etcetera.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Hindsight is funny. Sure we all wanted to keep Casey, especially after only getting a 7th back.

However if before the season we were told we’re bringing everyone back offensively while getting Clowney, adding Vic Beasley on a one year gamble as a 3rd pass rusher, and replacing Ryan with Kristian Fulton we’d all take it. Hell, just check out everyone’s reaction when Clowney actually signed with us. Most thought we were set to have, at worse, a top 10 defense.

Whether it was injuries, regression, lack of DC/quality coaching, or the defensive scheme, it just didn’t work out this year, which of course sucks. Maybe you’d argue that the leadership factor from Ryan and Casey would’ve help to a certain degree. I’d argue that they’d look just as trash as everyone else on this defense. We see how everyone who returned from last year’s defense has taken a step back this year. Then we’d be right here in this same thread saying “Ryan and Casey are washed”, “Why’d we re-sign Ryan when we could’ve signed *insert player here*”, “We’ve got to cut or trade Casey come offseason”, etcetera, etcetera.

Yup. I was definitely one of them. Getting Clowney felt so right. Sometimes things just don't go as planned. It is what it is. I think if they had moved on from Clowney with his whole making everyone wait business, we would not have drafted Wilson also. We needed to change things. We took risks this off-season, putting our chips in places we don't usually place them. To take steps to win Super Bowls you have to. Last year's defense was simply not going to get it done this year against the Bills and Kansas City. We tried things and it went bad, it's not like it went so bad that we are some six win team. This year's off-season was anything but normal, teams can have bad off seasons, but having a winning culture is important. We are becoming a more attractive place for free agents because we are winning now and people like playing for Vrabel. Season ain't over, the boys can still get hot.