Eagles Weak 14: Just Make It Stop

EaglesPeteC

Excited for this game. Hurts hopefully will be getting reps w/ 1st team, and Saints will be planning for possibility of Hurts and not playing prevent D. We should be able to get our first fair look at Hurts and where he is as a QB. Well, as "fair" a look as you can get given how crappy the team around him is. 

Just excited to see Hurts play. One read and he takes off, with an awful O line like ours, thats exactly what you need to do. It's mind baffling how long Wentz still holds on to the ball. Dude needs like a pro bowl O line in order to be good.

I still think Wentz could still be salvaged. If hurts turns out to be good, we could just have these 2 battle it out next off season for the starting gig. Wentz might not be a good team leader though, team always does well whenever its any other QB playing other than him.

49 minutes ago, BugzBunny101 said:

team always does well whenever its any other QB playing other than him.

Its called Backup Syndrom. Where players to a man all feel they need to step up and do more to help the team win to compensate for the Starter being out. 

Has nothing to do with Wentz or his supposed lack of leadership narrative some are trying to sell.

49 minutes ago, BugzBunny101 said:

Just excited to see Hurts play. One read and he takes off, with an awful O line like ours, thats exactly what you need to do. It's mind baffling how long Wentz still holds on to the ball. Dude needs like a pro bowl O line in order to be good.

I still think Wentz could still be salvaged. If hurts turns out to be good, we could just have these 2 battle it out next off season for the starting gig. Wentz might not be a good team leader though, team always does well whenever its any other QB playing other than him.

Definitely the best option now, but I'm pretty sure that was a knock against him coming out of OU and would be an awful habit to encourage... but playing behind this line, you almost have no choice as a QB. Not a good mix. I don't think we should sell out on his development just to win a few extra games,. Unfortunately, because the division is so bad, if we somehow beat the Saints while the Giants lose then suddenly we are probably pulling out all stops to win which will sabotage our draft spot, possibly Hurts development and our future if it means the regime stays in power. I think back to Kaepernick, and what he could have been if properly developed, but since that team was going for a SB there were no reservations just letting him be a 1 read QB who relied on his legs. Was then completely overwhelmed once teams adjusted.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BugzBunny101 said:

Seems more like Wents is looking for what defender will sack him then what player he should throw to though.