Letting Trey Quinn go was dumb

Vladimir L

53 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He had 2 of the biggest plays of the whole game.  The first was when he broke a tackle in the 2nd quarter and gained like 20+ more yards after contact.  The second was the one handed grab late that helped us seal the win.  He had his best game of the season, kind of curious to pick on him after a game like that.  

Cam, not Steven .

Trey Quinn couldn’t stay healthy and while he was a reliable receiver when he played, he didn’t get much yac.

I have been very disappointed in Steven Sims this year especially since he’s returned from injury bc he’s had 2 or 3 really and drops, but he has more potential than Trey Quin does and I think Dwayne missed Steve Sims a lot and our offense did when he was out.

Steven Sims has had a rough year and not taken the steps I thought he would this year in terms of being a good slot WR but, in no way do we miss Trey Quinn.

Cam Sims has shown more than Trey Quinn, Isaiah Wright has shown more than Trey Quinn did and so has Steve Sims when he’s healthy. 

57 minutes ago, TKellion said:

Not a fan of steven,we need an explosive WR to take the coverage of Terry

Steven is a slot guy. I’m Still hoping that Cam Sims can become more consistent and be the #2 opposite Terry, he’s flashed a lot. I do agree that I’d like to see an upgrade at #2 though even if Cam Sims continues to ply well. I think we really need to solidify the -#2 spot and the slot too if they don’t think Steven can improve his inconsistent hands which is a problem and it was last year too. If Steven catches the ball better he’s a big time playmaker but he’s had issues with drops both last year and this year.

14 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Not signing Robby Anderson was dumb. Cutting a 7th round pick who couldn’t stay on the field and wasn’t very good isn’t a big deal. Sims is much better than Quinn. 

whitney houston agree GIF

I’d even say that Isaiah Wright has given us more than what we had gotten from Quinn. Quinn’s injuries really made it so you couldn’t count on him at all. When he played he was an ok slot guy but always an easily replaceable player at the same time as he didn’t nothing great.

34 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Quinn is a bum- didn't get any separation .

That’s not exactly true. He had good games when accurate QBs were throwing him the ball like Colt or Alex. Last year he and PRich didn’t get much yac bc Keenum and Dwayne weren’t as accurate as Alex or Colt. 

Just look at Quinn’s games two games in 2018 w/ Alex & Colt. Quinn started in the slot in both games:

9 recs, 75 yards and a TD.

45 minutes ago, taylor made said:

i feel like Trey Quinn represented everything bad about the Bruce Allen era.

Bruce/Gruden should’ve never thought Quinn could replace Crowder that’s for sure. And while Crowder had a rough 2018 bc of injury, drops & fumbles and got overpaid IMO, he still should’ve been retained bc we had nothing else at WR. It was dumb not to re-sign him he was obviously our best WR and just entering his prime when they decided not to re-sign him.

Seeing Terry & Crowder together would be fun. 

Keenum/Haskins sure could’ve used Crowder’s 78 recs, 833 yds & 6 TDs last year.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1