Patriots 2021 Free Agency

JohnCena

33 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Jayon Brown, Hassan Reddick, KVN, and maaaaybe Matt Judon

I know the names however I don't pay attention to the NFL enough to make a judgement.

Jayon Brown ?????

Looked him up he's Height: 6-0 Weight: 226 pounds. My first reaction no way. BB would never take a LB that small or shell out the money needed to sign him.

Hassan Reddick 

Never lived up to his draft status. That's what I've heard or read. No clue why however I always wonder if its more team/ scheme related.

EX Vrabel, T Brown

Matt Judon   

Plays for the Ravens, assume he's good.

Last,  I love players like Vrabel under the radar.  I hate high price FAs.  IMO they are a waste of money. EX Kenny Golladay I would never even consider him as a option. I laugh when I hear the Pats now have to invest in WRs because they don't have Brady. 

Do we need NFL WR, heck yes, however there is no reason to spend crazy money on them. Watch the Cowboys, they sign Prescott there still going to stink, but they sure have pretty WRs !!!!!! Say high to Browns for me, OBJ money are you kidding me! They went farther with out him.

Edited by m haynes

If Tim Patrick didn't require a pick to sign ( restricted but we don't know what level yet), we could almost guarantee he will be a Patriot next season. 

He's an underrated player all around, is still only 27 and lit up the Patriots when they played last. 

35 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Jayon Brown ?????

Looked him up he's Height: 6-0 Weight: 226 pounds. My first reaction no way. BB would never take a LB that small or shell out the money needed to sign him.

When lined up against a TE or RB he is the highest graded LB in the NFL. You can't tell me that's not a significant need on this team. 

25 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

If Tim Patrick didn't require a pick to sign ( restricted but we don't know what level yet), we could almost guarantee he will be a Patriot next season. 

He's an underrated player all around, is still only 27 and lit up the Patriots when they played last. 

Now that's what I like.

20 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

When lined up against a TE or RB he is the highest graded LB in the NFL. You can't tell me that's not a significant need on this team. 

I agree with you a 1000000000000000000000000000000000000% Now try to convince BB!!!🥵 I have been waiting for years for that to happen.

Especially in this new NFL.

Edited by m haynes

1 minute ago, m haynes said:

Now that's what I like.

Denver has invested A LOT at the WR position...I think he was undrafted and played last season on a deal that made him almost nothing. 

No chance the Broncos match a 3-4 year deal for him.. the only thing is what tender level he is at. I doubt the Patriots give up a 2nd rounder for him as an example.. 

Now remember no bashing posters!!!

The WR I would target is, ------------------------------- wait for it.

Nelson Agholor, Projected Contract: $7.5 million APY.

Why.

Speed on the outside

• No more 12 man, in the box. They have to have a safety over the top.
  • He would cost nothing
  • He can play slot or wide.

He adds to the WR group as a whole. NA =  David Patten, Meyers = David Givens. 

Now we need T Brown, Jules type.

Rondale Moore

Elijah Moore

Amari Rodgers

Ihmir Smith-Marsette

Shi Smith

Josh Palmer

Anthony Schwartz

I look at WR as a unit and what is needed to be effective. IMO this give us a start and something to build on for the future.  The Pats can't fix it one year however it a start. We have to many other needs to spend big money on ornaments.

Look I know all about NA, its his skill set that I'm looking at and how it works with the unit.

Fuller cost what 15 mil or NA 7 mil.  I rather use the 8 extra for a LB.

He certainly wouldn't be my first pick, but he rehabbed his stock a lot with Vegas. Assuming he doesn't fall off a cliff he wouldn't be a terrible pickup. 

Ideally you would pick up a larger receiver in Free Agency, then you can use the draft to find a smaller, speed guy because you have sooo many throughout the middle rounds. 

The only guy I'd really want to pay top dollar to on offense would be Jonnu Smith, I think you could build a 2 TE offense around him and hopefully Asiasi and have A LOT of success. He wasn't focused on enough as a Titan.. but he is only 25 going into his prime. 

He can block, he can catch and he has speed. He could be a #1 receiver on this team imo. I would happily give him around 4/38 and get the prime of his career.  

Edited by Crimmage

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

larger receiver in Free Agency,

Large WR doesn't concern me. KC WR are not that big.

There's not one WR that I would pay ($10+) big dollars for in this FA class.  I don't want to waste money when we have others needs. IMO none of them move the needle. I here SC experts,  Fuller, Come on! Really. 10 mil more than NA!!!!

There's only a couple of WR I would look at this year.

• NA --  speed on the outside. Cheap.
  • Curtis Samuel ---  That's if he's a good as they say in the back field. James White that can also play WR.
  • Tim Patrick  --- Your boy if he's not a 2nd RD tender.

The last thing I would do is over pay for a aging WR. Now is not the time. My moves are for the future 2022/23. Hopefully before 2024!!!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-nfl-free-agency-chris-godwin-allen-robinson-headline-deep-talented-wide-receiver-market/

Edited by m haynes

19 hours ago, m haynes said:

Now remember no bashing posters!!!

The WR I would target is, ------------------------------- wait for it.

Nelson Agholor, Projected Contract: $7.5 million APY.

Why.

Speed on the outside

• No more 12 man, in the box. They have to have a safety over the top.
  • He would cost nothing
  • He can play slot or wide.

He adds to the WR group as a whole. NA =  David Patten, Meyers = David Givens. 

I feel like he probably benefited from them having genuine olympic speed on the other side, in Ruggs. His Yards Per Receptions were WAY up from any other year he had. I didn't watch much LV, but I bet he's never enjoyed space like he had in 2020 before. We need a burner. Maybe Byrd can scare people...?

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I feel like he probably benefited from them having genuine olympic speed on the other side, in Ruggs. His Yards Per Receptions were WAY up from any other year he had. I didn't watch much LV, but I bet he's never enjoyed space like he had in 2020 before. We need a burner. Maybe Byrd can scare people...?

I'm not sure how fast HA is now but he was a 4.3 guy and he still has plenty of speed to play a role with our WR group. Like I mentioned its a start, I'm not wasting assets on a WR this year when we have other more important positions to fill.

NA will not put up the numbers he did with the Raiders how could he, we don't have anything close to the skills they have in the passing game but that doesn't concern me its the roll he will play for the Pats and with the other moves I mentioned will put us in the right direction. Than down the line you replace him. You can't fill in all the holes we have in one year it a process. NA perfect heck no but he gives you what the overall unit needs.  Like I mentioned I'm not giving Fuller 10 mil more a year to fill that role or any other FA WR.

I would love it if the Pats drafted Moore or Marshall with our second pick but I know that's a dumb move if there's a highly rated DL,OL,CB still on the board. This year you get one of the WR I mentioned (to fill a role) later in the draft and build for the future. 

The decision: Golladay picks the Patriots

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31037927/simulating-nfl-free-agency-2021-signs-where-why-patriots-big-winners

IMO that's a huge mistake. You have no QB and holes all over the roster and you just spent , $105 million ($50M guaranteed) on a ornament without the trees in place.  I can't recall if any WR in FA that made a impact where he signed for big money. IMO you never get the return on dollars spent. Also BB history will he really do this. I don't think he would.

The decision: TE Smith picks the Patriots

I'm not sure because I don't know the player. What if Devin Asiasi comes on in his 2nd year is this still a good move?

The decision: Ngakoue picks the Patriots

Again have no clue. Someone have a opinion ?

Edited by m haynes