Patriots 2021 Free Agency

JohnCena

10 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Star what about the Bama boys. Drake and Yeldon any good ?

Yeldon is weird because he's big enough to be a bell cow back (6'1", 225-ish), but has been used mostly as a change-of-pace/3rd down back for most of his pro career. Drake is a pretty legit every-down back at this point in his career. 

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Yeldon but Drake would probably be too expensive. 

3 minutes ago, Starless said:

Yeldon is weird because he's big enough to be a bell cow back (6'1", 225-ish), but has been used mostly as a change-of-pace/3rd down back for most of his pro career. Drake is a pretty legit every-down back at this point in his career. 

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Yeldon but Drake would probably be too expensive. 

Yeldon can he play the Burkhead role?

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

I don't understand spending for a RB unless they intend to trade one of Harris/Michel .. why not draft someone like Demeric Felton and call it a day ( not to mention Taylor who the team was high on last season)

Would agree. Fournette especially will want to paid more than he’s worth now he’s got a ring and made a splash in playoffs, can’t see him being worth the money.

3 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

The only way it makes sense to me is if Harris is getting traded so they need another 1st down back to pair with a rookie 3rd down back. 

The Pats aren't likely to play a rookie as a 3rd down back.

Think back to White and Vereen. Both guys basically redshirted their rookie seasons. 

2 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Where's Sony in this equation.

I don't think Sony has a lot of trade value.. so let's just say Harris is part of a Watson trade because Caserio is crazy and loves some of the Pats players. 

You then sign someone like James Connor to pair with Sony Michel as the main RB, then your 3rd down RB role goes to JJ Taylor / Rookie / Burkhead till he gets hurt 

• Like 1