Patriots 2021 Free Agency

JohnCena

49 minutes ago, ACO said:

So they for sure trading up for a QB? Unless one falls to them...

Nothing is for sure except Cam is the QB right now.

I think it is just as conceivable they trade up with the 46th overall pick into the top 10 for a QB as it is they stay at 15 overall and draft Jaycee Horn or Zavon Collins.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

Nothing is for sure except Cam is the QB right now.

I think it is just as conceivable they trade up with the 46th overall pick into the top 10 for a QB as it is they stay at 15 overall and draft Jaycee Horn or Zavon Collins.

Furthermore, trading out of their spot at 15 to a later first round pick is their bread and butter and sort of a sweet spot this year for linebacker, offensive line, quarterback, and wide receiver.

Trent Brown - 14mil

Nelson Agholor - 7 mil

Hunter Henry - 6.875 mil

Matt Judon - 6.375 mil

Jonnu Smith - $5,687,500

Cam Newton - $5,506,250

Jalen Mills - $4,625,000

Davin Godchaux - $4,062,500

Deatrich Wise - $3,250,000

Kendrick Bourne - $3,166,666

Henry Anderson - $2,750,000

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

All new contracts allocated to this cap figure remaining:

$19,470,958

which means we've used about 43.5 mil in space since Monday lol

Does put us out of the Watson race though, rumours not withstanding. They also need a center - best case Andrews, maybe Hudson - and maybe a 3DB to replace White. So the twitter buzz linking DW to the Pats officially a nothing burger at this point.

EDIT: Just checked, and Watson's cap hit this year is only 15mil, so I technically spoke too soon (but pretty sure I'm still right).

Edited by ChazStandard

2 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Does put us out of the Watson race though

I had read that Watsons cap figure this year is like 11 million, is that not the case? 

Either way, I woudn't worry about a few million to get Watson.. if they really want him they will make it work. They could trade Gilmore, they could restructure Hightower, they will save a couple million trading away their entire draft, etc. 

50 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Does put us out of the Watson race though, rumours not withstanding. They also need a center - best case Andrews, maybe Hudson - and maybe a 3DB to replace White. So the twitter buzz linking DW to the Pats officially a nothing burger at this point.

EDIT: Just checked, and Watson's cap hit this year is only 15mil, so I technically spoke too soon (but pretty sure I'm still right).

I imagine there will be contracts going out in a Watson deal as well as picks lowering our cap need for the draft as well. It is still very much doable from a cap stand point. 

Andrews gone.. expect a center drafted in the middle rounds i guess .. shows only for 4 Million so could be worse. 

Miami signing Butler and I would imagine we see that they've signed Andrews in a few moments too

Edited by Crimmage