Patriots 2021 Free Agency

JohnCena

14 hours ago, m haynes said:

I heard Curran last night talk about Andrews, so take it with grain of salt. I will put this in my words. BB David will will pay you this much. Sign here. Andrews no I want to check the market. BB Ok fine we will go in another direction so don't let the door hit on the way out. 10 minutes later Pats sign Karras.

Side note Andrews gamble and lost. Fins just signed a center. Andrews crying knocking on BB door please take me back Crickets!!!

Well Tom Curran strikes again.  Total bullcrap. He a complete fraud. He has no clue when it comes to the Pats.   Yup the door is closed !!!

I'm such a idiot to believe anything that comes out of his mouth!!!

3 hours ago, m haynes said:

Well Tom Curran strikes again.  Total bullcrap. He a complete fraud. He has no clue when it comes to the Pats.   Yup the door is closed !!!

I'm such a idiot to believe anything that comes out of his mouth!!!

Curran isn't an insider, he is a talking head.

• Like 2

This strategy only works if you have a QB making nothing, right? 

Does this pretty much guarantee that they plan on going with a QB on a rookie deal in 2022?

It looks like either that or they are trying to make a run to go for it all this season and will need to move on from some guys next / restructure /etc. but they can't possibly think they have a chance to win it all with Cam at QB, can they? 

56 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Does this pretty much guarantee that they plan on going with a QB on a rookie deal in 2022?

It looks like either that or they are trying to make a run to go for it all this season and will need to move on from some guys next / restructure /etc. but they can't possibly think they have a chance to win it all with Cam at QB, can they? 

loading up with a rookie QB and continue in 22 with rising cap

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

Unless you can restructure other contracts / kick the can down the road elsewhere?

5 hours ago, Crimmage said:

I think so. This, coupled with the fact that the cap is going to significantly rise with the new TV deal + gambling revenue, we're going to be in a fine spot.

Another thing is the majority of these signings are young players, that would probably be extended in normal financial circumstances.

At least that's my rationale on these signings. You have to pay a premium in FA, but it was necessary due to the lack of talent on this roster, IMO.

• Like 1