Patriots 2021 Free Agency

JohnCena

15 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

I think BB would agree there with regards to the front 7. I'm sure he hates seeing teams gash them with the run and him not being able to do anything about it. 

Unfortunately I don't think this is the draft for that given the small amounts I've been reading. I think @m haynes could speak more on it because I've mainly focused on how we can improve the offense, but seems like DL is especially mediocre this season.. and LB is very top heavy.  Parsons is a top 10 pick so you aren't getting him.. then the next crop of guys aren't going to get picked till maybe 25-35 so you'd have to trade down to get them. Some good FA LB around.. but also I'm sure Hightower will come back for his last season and he can help stabilize things. With that said you'll need to take some risks on 1-2 potential guys who have talent to hope they can contribute year 2 when Hightower is gone. 

Patriots are in a really good position cap wise.. I'm hopeful that DL will be resolved through a mixture of FA/Cap Casualties along with misc 6th round pick they grab to develop. I think we could see Beau Allen finally next season too.. which fingers crossed he would help stop the run as well. 

Crimm its funny you mentioned me. I just replied to John.

PS  how did you do the @m haynes thing you put in your post?

23 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

Yeah I gotta wake up from this dream thinking Bill gonna dish out big time money for anyone in FA, but I like Curtis Samuel didn't realize he was a free agent this year that would be an amazing signing. Praying the Panthers don't resign him because I'd much rather have him than Robby Anderson if I were the Jets lets hope and pray they let him walk. Only thing is we already have Edelman and Kobi as our slot receivers and I believe Curtis has primarily played as the Panthers slot receiver with Robby Anderson and DJ Moore as there outside guys, if we signed him he'd have to be that outside guys for us, but I don't think that would be much of a problem for him as he played everywhere from inside to outside at Ohio State. 

Robby Anderson.  I pretty sure they sign him. I read something about Anderson being like a second son to the HC.  I think he coached him in college .

4 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Crimm its funny you mentioned me. I just replied to John.

PS  how did you do the @m haynes thing you put in your post?

If you type the @ symbol then start writing someone's name you can take them to a post. 

Now I just need someone to show me how to embed a twitter post like I've seen done haha 

• Like 1

Just now, Crimmage said:

If you type the @ symbol then start writing someone's name you can take them to a post. 

Now I just need someone to show me how to embed a twitter post like I've seen done haha 

Copy the link of the post and paste it on here.

3 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

Is it really as simple as copy and pasting the link LOL .. I've always included embed tags and all that and it just posts the text haha ty! 

Also Carolina have DJ Moore and Andrerson as their top 2 WR.. they are going to allocate money to them i'd imagine and let Samuel go .. especially if he gets offers over 10 million. 

The Patriots offered Adam Humphries 10 million a season 2 years ago.. they have 0 reason not to offer at least that to Samuel

Edited by Crimmage
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Is it really as simple as copy and pasting the link LOL .. I've always included embed tags and all that and it just posts the text haha ty! 

Also Carolina have DJ Moore and Andrerson as their top 2 WR.. they are going to allocate money to them i'd imagine and let Samuel go .. especially if he gets offers over 10 million. 

The Patriots offered Adam Humphries 10 million a season 2 years ago.. they have 0 reason not to offer at least that to Samuel

https://twitter.com/RapSheet  Just trying this out   Testing

The link could not be embedded because there is no tweet at that URL.

Ok I get it the error comes up if the twiity doesn't have a pic to copy I just  pressed save and it worked. Right click had nothing to copy without a  pic. 

Edited by m haynes

22 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

John  I put a bunch of  profile links in thread  https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/32891-2021-patriots-draft/

The players I like in the draft.  Don't be concerned with the draft board or ratings  when you look. Some players I like  we have no chance at, such as Wilson. I pick player where we have needs.

Added:  check out  NT Bobby Brown

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

A few more people to keep an eye on during Free Agency: 

Tim Patrick - WR - Denver Broncos - 27 - Restricted Free Agent but Denver just got 2 WR in the first 2 rounds of the draft so it would make sense if they let him go. BB always loves signing guys who light up his team and this past season Patrick had 4 catches for 101 yards. He got paid less than 1 million from Denver this year.. he seems like someone who will be an under the radar signing given all the big names in free agency and he's only had one decent year .. could 3 year 15 million get it done? I like this signing especially because he is 6'4 and would really push Harry to either make players or get cut/traded.  If you cut /trade Edelman I believe you save a bit over 4 million.. could almost pay for Patrick and you'll get a younger player who is still on the upswing. 

Curtis Samuel - WR - Carolina Panthers - 24 - Mentioned him above but even though Meyers mainly plays in the slot this guys too good to pass up.. Meyers will have to play more outside. I'm sure Samuel could play on the outside as well to clear out space for the entire offense. FAST, young and plays all over the field.. type of player BB loves .. I'd expect him to get something like a 4 year 40 million dollar contract minimum .. he would put up massive stats with the Patriots 

Hunter Henry - TE - LA Chargers - 26 - BB has been in love with Henry for years.. he speaks about how he scouted him since HS and he can do it all.. seems to make sense he would try to sign him even though he has an injury history .. could expect something like 4 year 35-40 million contract. This would allow Josh to go back to a more 2TE offense if he wishes assuming Asiasi makes a jump next season. Also would allow the team to completely avoid TE in the draft to focus on other positions. 

If BB doesn't trust himself to draft a WR, the above 3 signings would give you a pretty darn good receiving unit next season (Samuel / Patrick / Henry / Meyers / Asiasi / Harry) 

Edited by Crimmage
  • Like 3

This is also a really deep WR class, so you could easily see some of these guys get more reasonable contracts because of it. 

For instance a team could decide to not go after Samuel because they will draft Waddle / Moore instead .. or a multitude of receivers instead of Patrick. 

As much as it is fun to imagine some of these prospects in the draft.. don't be surprised if BB takes 2-3 WR and a TE in free agency and ignores WR completely in the draft. 

I really don't know much about contracts / cap but I would take a receiving group of: 

• Patrick
  • Samuel
  • Meyers
  • Henry
  • Burkhead/Taylor

Over what a lot of teams will be throwing out there next season.. would be young and super underrated .. especially because they still have what could be a really good running game. I would just want maybe one more speedster that you could throw out there to keep teams honest.. what Bethel Johnson should have been years ago...

• Like 2

I'm fine with re-signing Byrd but I expect them to roll with the two young tight ends another year while pursuing Tim Patrick, (who burned them in 2020). Pascal makes a lot of sense but I think he'll re-sign with the Colts especially now that Castanzo retired saving them $16 million.

Jaylen Waddle 👀

Tim Patrick

Jakobi Meyers

N'Keal Harry

Gunner Olzsweski