Week 14 GDT - Patriots STAY in Hollywood for TNF

Patriots vs Rams  

14 members have voted

1. 1. A lot of Rams fans seem to think BB and his tree have Goff's number and will keep the score low; how low can we go?

2. 2. Do we see ST or defense contributing to our score a second week in a row?

• No
    • Yes, just ST
    • Yes, defensive score (includes safeties)
    • Yes, scoring from both units
  3. 3. We have seen solid wins come out of a negligible passing attack, do we see Cam let the air out?

• No, still under 100 yards passing
    • 100-150 yards passing
    • 150-200 yards passing
    • 200-250 yards passing
    • 250-300 yards passing
    • 300+ yards passing

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2020 at 01:20 AM

This is gonna be another low-scoring grind. The personnel is different, but Goff hasn't figured out any Belichick-style defense as of yet, so I expect him to struggle again. But the Rams do have a good enough running attack to overcome that. The Rams defense is good against both the run and pass, so I expect the Pats to resort to trickery to get the offense going. 

I hate to be fatalistic, but the deck seems stacked against the Pats, even with Goff's history. 

I'm expecting something to the tune of 20-13 Rams.

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

Whose the babe with some nice size footballs! Willing to take a sig bet till the season ends!? Including the super bowl. Let’s get it. 

I don't think you've read the room properly. 

20 hours ago, Starless said:

This is gonna be another low-scoring grind. The personnel is different, but Goff hasn't figured out any Belichick-style defense as of yet, so I expect him to struggle again. But the Rams do have a good enough running attack to overcome that. The Rams defense is good against both the run and pass, so I expect the Pats to resort to trickery to get the offense going. 

I hate to be fatalistic, but the deck seems stacked against the Pats, even with Goff's history. 

I'm expecting something to the tune of 20-13 Rams.

What? The Seahawks, bears, bucs all played that bear front. Against the rams.. 

Edited by El Ramster
32 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Everyone runs a bear front... that isn't what he is talking about. 

Then what style? Because Seattle plays quarters as well. Flores played no fronts or any exotic coverages. All he did was blitz the ish out of Goff. And last I check NE sucks at pass rushing.. 

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

Then what style? Because Seattle plays quarters as well. Flores played no fronts or any exotic coverages. All he did was blitz the ish out of Goff. And last I check NE sucks at pass rushing.. 

Watch the Pats game against the Chargers. They came with a different set of personnel packages (most notably, Josh Uche played by far the most snaps he has all season, and Anfernee Jennings played a ton as well) and were much more effective this time around.

Plus, the Pats have a secondary that can handle the Rams' top 4 receivers 1-on-1 in man coverage. Goff is gonna need to look to his TEs and RBs a lot in this game. 

Edited by Starless
4 hours ago, Starless said:

Watch the Pats game against the Chargers. They came with a different set of personnel packages (most notably, Josh Uche played by far the most snaps he has all season, and Anfernee Jennings played a ton as well) and were much more effective this time around.

Plus, the Pats have a secondary that can handle the Rams' top 4 receivers 1-on-1 in man coverage. Goff is gonna need to look to his TEs and RBs a lot in this game. 

So you’ll take the sig bet then? Because it sounds like you’ll win. 

This is a game the Rams should win, nobody sane is taking that bet El Ramster. It's totally in the realm of possibility that the Patriots offense doesn't actually score on Thursday. If the Pats are to have any chance to win they will need to have the defense and special teams create opportunities which they totally can. I know the Patriots are in the up swing but the Pats aren't playing the Rams under thunderstorm, they are not untalented like the Jets, they are not playing a team coached by the likes of Anthony Lynn either. This is a real match and the opposition has an axe to grind to boot. Bill has been competitive in every game outside of the Niners game so I don't expect a blowout but the Rams are rightfully favored.

EDIT: So apparently when the Rams lead at the half they are 33-0 under McVay, very impressive. I know the Patriots were 99-1 when leading at the half but not sure how that has changed this year. Seems this game might be decided by half time.

Edited by The Third Rider
  • Like 1