Week 13 GDT: Cowboys @ Ravens: "Lamar Comin'!"

AFlaccoSeagulls

I love Orlando Brown, man. Honestly if he holds up against MG in the next game as a pass protector, I’m seriously thinking we might have to consider moving Stanley. I mean if he could net multiple 1st round picks for us, we could replace him at RT considering the depth of this OT class with a RT and then get another high level talent... theoretically.

• Like 3

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

I love Orlando Brown, man. Honestly if he holds up against MG in the next game as a pass protector, I’m seriously thinking we might have to consider moving Stanley. I mean if he could net multiple 1st round picks for us, we could replace him at RT considering the depth of this OT class with a RT and then get another high level talent... theoretically.

Given Stanley's durability concerns, and honestly for me I feel like he's a REAL candidate to get his money and cash out especially through those nicks and bruises.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Great drive. On a side note, If this year has proven anything to me, it's that Orlando Brown DESERVES to be paid. I really hope we can find a way to retain him.

He's immediately looking like a very good LT. I don't see how we can afford to keep him as a RT. I wish they took my idea of trading Stanley for a premium packages (2 firsts) and sliding Brown there, because the projection of him to LT was extremely easy to see.

Since we locked up Stanley, we likely will HAVE to move Brown, at some near point. He knows and has said that he likes the LT spot and feels it's a better position for him. Even though he bleeds purple, he's likely to prefer to be a LT with a top LT deal.

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I don't think it's possible to trade Stanley now. The dead cap charge we have would be super prohibitive.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Given Stanley's durability concerns, and honestly for me I feel like he's a REAL candidate to get his money and cash out especially through those nicks and bruises.

Yeah, I don't think we can keep Zeus. He's a definite trade candidate in his final year. We could get some serious value out of him.